no babies yet

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You may want to start just so you have a base line.  Lack of weight gain is one of the first indicators they need supplementing. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lizzy1988

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Now if momma will quit dragging them all over house gotta watch where I step and sit

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please be very careful.  There is a recent thread in another forum where someone stepped on the kittens and they did not survive.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
At this age it's best to contain them in a room - like a bedroom - and close the door so mama cannot drag them all over. It sounds like she is looking for a private place but can't decide, so a single room without much foot traffic might make mom feel more secure about her babies.

lizzy1988

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I moved them to bath room between my newborn and the kittens crying its hard to get sleep .I guess she doesn't like the bathroom

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Can you put them in a closet in your bedroom and leave the door of the closet cracked? It sounds like mom is looking for some real peace and quiet. Do you have other children or just the new baby?

lizzy1988

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes I have a 4 year old I'm trying to keep them hidden so she doesn't find them

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I think your cat is seriously looking for privacy. Do you have a really quiet, private place to put her with her kittens where your four-year-old will not disturb her? That sounds like the issue to me!

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel your pain.  When my kid were 4, 3 and a newborn, I paid a teenager to take the older two out for an hour or two every other day or so.  I could take a nap and she would do fun things with them outside. I used the quarters from my husbands spare change jar to pay her.  I actually had 3 teenagers I could call.

lizzy1988

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I guess I could put her back in bedroom closet

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, try that and close the bedroom door and keep your little one out. I would also put her food, water, and litter box in the bedroom so she only has to leave the closet briefly to meet her needs. I hope this will calm her down. Let us know if it solves the problem. :)