Night Owl, or Early Bird?

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I had an option, I'd be a night owl. But since we both work 1st shifts at our jobs, Rob & I have to be grouchy early birds! When I didn't work, I'd stay up until 2-3am, and sleep until 11am-12pm.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh I'm a night owl!!! Ever since I stopped working my bed time has been between 3 and occasionally as late as 5 in the morning!! Usually it's about 3:30-4:00. I used to have such a difficult time getting up for work. DH would find me standing at the foot of the bed, with my top half laying on the bed again. After I would get out of the bedroom, it took about an hour and half before I'd be functioning civially. My co-worker could tell a few times when I got up too late because I'd be cranky for the first few minutes I got to the office. And then it would just go away... weird!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Early birds - was always that way. I have to get up at 4am to go to work, so we are both in bed by 9-9:30 most nights.

"Sleeping in" would be till about 7am

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

Staying up late is easy; getting up early isn't.

I couldn't agree more!

~KK~

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Night Owl here!!!!!

I've been going to bed around 3 lately! I really can't sleep before midnight!

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm most definately a night owl which isn't always en easy schedule considering I have to get up for work at 5am.

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
HRmn... I'm afraid I'm a bit of both. I don't tend to sleep very well and when I do, I'm a very light sleeper. It's very rare for me to get a deep sleep. I might get to bed at 2am this morning, and I can almost guarantee I'll be awake again some point between 6 and 7. Possibly earlier. I hope I can get back to sleep again after that though, I need a lazy weekend.

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm definately a night owl. I could stay up until around 7-9am if I didn't make myself go to bed.

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im a night owl...I usually go to bed anywhere from 1-5 am sometimes after 7am depending if I want to catch breakfast at a mom and pops place in town!! I usually get up anywhere from 11am-2pm

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a night owl, but i work an early bird job
I stay tired lol. I try to go to bed at a reasonable time most nights, but usually i just can't.

blondrebel76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Roman and i are just oppisite, i love going to bed early and getting up decently early usually around 9 because i dont get home until 1am anyway, he on the other hand tries to stay up half the night then get up around 1 if he dont have to work or 11 on days when he works. Drives me nuts.

chester&piper

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

Staying up late is easy; getting up early isn't.
Isn't that the truth!!

I normally go to bed around 1AM, which is bad because I'm up at 7AM during the week. On the weekends I tend to sleep until 10-11.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I HATE morning time. Seriously hate it and wish I didn't have to work in the morning. But I work traditional hours, dragging in the morning. Nights are when I get the most stuff done and feel the most productive.
Since I was little I have been the night owl, loving the night even as a young kid, and I did my best homework and best thinking after 9pm. I can easily stay up until 2am-3am. Probably why I hate morning so much.

Also, my stomach doesn't work the best in the morning. I cannot eat anything except plain fruit if before 6:45am or will throw up and feel sick. This is nothing new.

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

Which are you??

I'm a night owl - just like my cats.
I rarely go to bed before 1 or 2 in the morning, and anyone who knows me knows better than to wake me up before 9 a.m.
My brain generally doesn't begin to function before noon.

~KK~
that's the same for me hehe, although usually i don't go to bed till about 3 in the morning LOL!

hammyandwaf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i guess i am a little messed up when it comes to sleeping. when i worked first shift i hated getting up in the morning always needed the alarm to get me up and even then i hit the snooze a couple times. then i started working 2nd shift and no matter if i went home right after work at midnight or whether i waited until 4 am to go to sleep i would always wake up at 8:20 am. Never had to use the alarm just always woke up then. BUT on the other hand i live with severe depresson and there will be alot of times when i can go right to sleep and i am up for an hour down for an hour, then there are times when i cant sleep at all and will go 2 or three days with only an hour or two total of sleep after living like that since i was 5 you kinda get use to it and it becomes normal

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LilleKat

HRmn... I'm afraid I'm a bit of both. I don't tend to sleep very well and when I do, I'm a very light sleeper. It's very rare for me to get a deep sleep. I might get to bed at 2am this morning, and I can almost guarantee I'll be awake again some point between 6 and 7. Possibly earlier. I hope I can get back to sleep again after that though, I need a lazy weekend.
That sounds like me. I used to sleep well until 30 yrs ago when I had my first son. After 3 babies I lost the ability to sleep.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

Which are you??

I'm a night owl - just like my cats.
I rarely go to bed before 1 or 2 in the morning, and anyone who knows me knows better than to wake me up before 9 a.m.
My brain generally doesn't begin to function before noon.

~KK~
This is definately a trick question!
At exactly what time does one stop being a night owl and turn into an early bird?