Newly Adopted Cat Sleeping All The Time !

Timmer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi. She's LOVELY! You can tell she takes care of her coat and she looks good. I agree that the shelters do not do extensive blood work, so you might want to think about that. Are there windows she can look out of? A cat tree she can hang out on? My cats have always played, even the old ones. They love it when I bring home packing boxes and they like to hang out in those. Wand toys with feathers on the ends are great. Google Da Bird. That's a good one. Something that mimicks a bird flying.
I was thinking maybe if the previous owners ignored her she probably slept all day for them too. Aww, thank you for adopting her. Again, she's lovely. You're doing good by her and she is lucky to have you.

Etarre

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What a gorgeous cat! I was going to say exactly what ArtNJ did about the laser pointer being a dependably fun toy and one that's easy to use while seated. I play with Juniper in the evening with one while stretched out on the couch watching TV.

If you think she's overheated in the weather, you could try putting some ice in her water bowl. My senior kitty became obsessed with cold water and would beg for ice and lick the condensation off our glasses, too.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: And congratulations on adopting that beautiful cat. :bouquet: I absolutely love her unique colouring. :catlove:

Reading through your posts, her behaviour sounds pretty normal.

Per the below article, cats sleep an average of 13 to 18 hours a day, so no wonder it seems like they're always asleep. :zzzcat:
Cat Sleep - More Than Just A Catnap

However, here's an article on 7 Proven Ways To Get Your Cat To Be More Active if you think she's spending to much time being a couch potato.

And sleeping on the bed with you is one of the 25 Signs That Your Cat Loves You :hearthrob:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rosemary51

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sounds good to me, thank you. I'll give one a go. I keep a stock of all kinds of batteries in the drawer for clocks, remotes and all sorts, so might have what's necessary.

Rosemary51

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What a gorgeous cat! I was going to say exactly what ArtNJ did about the laser pointer being a dependably fun toy and one that's easy to use while seated. I play with Juniper in the evening with one while stretched out on the couch watching TV.

If you think she's overheated in the weather, you could try putting some ice in her water bowl. My senior kitty became obsessed with cold water and would beg for ice and lick the condensation off our glasses, too.

Thank you so much, I'll get one for sure.

What a good idea, a friend just bought a bag of ice for me and it's in my spare freezer in a tray, so I'll do that when she finally decides to wander into the kitchen to munch !!!

Rosemary51

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: And congratulations on adopting that beautiful cat. :bouquet: I absolutely love her unique colouring. :catlove:

Reading through your posts, her behaviour sounds pretty normal.

Per the below article, cats sleep an average of 13 to 18 hours a day, so no wonder it seems like they're always asleep. :zzzcat:
Cat Sleep - More Than Just A Catnap

However, here's an article on 7 Proven Ways To Get Your Cat To Be More Active if you think she's spending to much time being a couch potato.

And sleeping on the bed with you is one of the 25 Signs That Your Cat Loves You :hearthrob:

Thank you so much, that's so good to hear. It seems I may have been worrying about nothing.

I love your emoticons - I guess I'll find those somewhere along the top too !!!
Aha, here we go :dizzycat:

I'm so glad it's one of the 25 signs, I'll read through the others. Thank you, that makes me feel happy :catlove:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I like her. She's pretty! Since it got hot here, my cats have been sleeping all day too. So it might just be the weather.

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much, I'll get one for sure.

What a good idea, a friend just bought a bag of ice for me and it's in my spare freezer in a tray, so I'll do that when she finally decides to wander into the kitchen to munch !!!
Just be careful. My cats like ice too, but it doesn't stay in the water dish. They bat it around and the floor gets slippery. Maybe not the best idea if your not so mobile.

Rosemary51

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just be careful. My cats like ice too, but it doesn't stay in the water dish. They bat it around and the floor gets slippery. Maybe not the best idea if your not so mobile.
Oh goodness, didn't think of that. I'll try it once and watch her - thank you.