Newborn Kittens

withoutaname

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear about everything! They are so beautiful 

If he continues to have diarrhea, try not giving him much food. Give him just a little food, like a tiny spoon, and mix it with rice, as rice can help in these situations. Also, if you have a solution of glucose and electrolytes, it might help him. This way he'll be fine with barely any food too. If you don't have this solution, you might find it at your pharmacy. 

And give him lots and lots of love!!

mum2daisy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh my word they are just too too cute! Lovely to see they're all doing so well

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shlargh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That's what I'm afraid of, but I'm thinking so, too.

Probably why she was out on her own. People around here frustrate me.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

That's what I'm afraid of, but I'm thinking so, too.

Probably why she was out on her own. People around here frustrate me.
Oh you mean you don't enjoy cleaning up after irresponsible pet owners?!

Makes me a crazy catwoman!

shlargh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh you mean you don't enjoy cleaning up after irresponsible pet owners?!
Makes me a crazy catwoman!
You know, I can't even imagine my life without all the cats we've rescued, but I wish people would just take care of their animals if they're going to have them.:(

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You know, I can't even imagine my life without all the cats we've rescued, but I wish people would just take care of their animals if they're going to have them.
I couldn't agree more.

However would much rather be saving cats who come to me for a better reason other than irresponsible owners, despite my love for each and every single one of them, it's hard on them too, to be dumped, or not fixed and having babies, etc.

The other ones, the ones who's owner's passed and end up at the shelter, or moving who really can't take them with them (out of the country, etc or sent to a nursing home type things)

regardless, I will always be there for any of them who need me.

I tell all of my fosters at the time they are recruited in to the group, it's okay to love them, but do your best to understand, we are their second chance, their stepping stone towards a good life. Remember it's good to let them go, as there will always be more waiting for help from each of us. 

Many times when fosters I have saved finally are ready, and are adopted, my heart aches and I bawl like a baby at times, but I know I have to let them go when there's a better place they will live their life, and it keeps me free to continue to do what I do. 

Looking back to those times my heart was so sad, it's a happy time for them, I did what I set out to do, and made such a huge difference in the life of that one little soul :) Years and years of this, my heart is full of stories :)

shlargh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I wish there were people like you in my neck of the woods.

More options/organizations would be so wonderful, or even just someone I could work with. There are few rescues I know of around here, and the one I have had contact with aren't the most responsive (understandably they're busy, but it's hard to get information/answers when it takes two weeks for them to get back to you). The Humane Societies are in the bigger cities and really are limited to those areas.

We tend to be the "forever" home for whoever comes across our path, but we can only have so many in our little house!

The nursing home I work at used to have resident cats years before my time, I wish they could have those again.

Last edited: