Newborn Kittens

misssweetkitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Planet Slamon (salmon and sleep) (I travel there a
They do expect payment right after the exam/operation, but I've never had anything like that said to me before! At any of the three vets I've been to since moving to Saskatchewan. Some people can just be awful; personally I think you should have COMPASSION for animals AND their people if you're going to be a vet. It can be really expensive, and payment plans would be a nice offering for expensive vet visits. They can be really hard to find money for sometimes.

They had a rescue dog at the clinic that belonged to the boss, and she was so funny. The vet said she LOVES kittens, and the dog sat outside the door the whole appointment, until I let her in to see them; gave Abby a big lick on her body and wagged her tail. It was adorable.
Awwwwww! That's so sweet! 

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Vet visit was excellent! And she only charged me for one exam, even though she did four!

I couldn't believe it was under $100.

She stopped Brockie's amoxicillin, as his diarrhea was so awful that his little bum was so sore. Keeping Ollie on the antibiotics for his abscess and possible URI. She said Brockie's chest sounded good and they were both good and hydrated, and that even Ollie's chest sounded good. Just going to monitor for returning symptoms. Now I know what un-constipates kitties.

Abby and Mordecai are excellent, so they are back with mama being fat and happy. She's keeping them in the carrier this time, too, not trying to pack them off somewhere silly.

I think the abscess on Ollie's leg was a lot worse than she thought. The drainage is so awful, but it's better for it to drain than to not. My two sickies ate really well today, though, so it's a good sign!
What good news to hear for a change! I just mean sometimes we hear bad news, sad things, so this is great :)

Cat bites always infect and cause abcesses, as long as they drain they will heal.

They are also very bad for people too, causing horrible infections.

Ollie is a trooper, he should be just fine once the antibiotics knock out the infection.

Please don't allow mom to be around either of the 2.

mum2daisy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aww bless them too cute, is mum looking after the other 2 ok? At least Brock has a little sibling to play with and snuggle up to now

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shlargh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Their Snuggle Kitty also arrived today. Brock has been a lot happier not being all alone. :)
A friend of mine thought maybe they were twins, Brock and Ollie.

shlargh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So, I noticed a few days ago that one of Mordecai's eyes is bigger than the other. It's not crusted shut, nor swollen, and there is no abscesses or lumps or punctures as far as I can see.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

I see it, but he does have minor irritation in that eye as you can see by the drainage there.

Very common for babies to have eye bacteria, and it's easily remedied with terramycin eye ointment.
Which in practice means for most forumites; a visit to your vet is in order to get this prescription.   The rule of thumb being, dont risk anything with eyes, unless you are very experienced and know what you do - like Catwoman707 does.

shlargh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes!

Been super busy working, but they are all doing really well. Ollie's leg is doing fantastic; all the pus drained out and even the big tear under his back leg has closed up. The vet said the scar tissue shouldn't give him any problems, but we'll know for sure as he gets older. No more sneezing/yucky eye discharge in anybody, and mama is still looking after Abigail and Mordecai. We're socializing those two, though. They love to play.

I will post some more photos when we get back from our kitty supplies run!

mum2daisy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's fantastic news, this age is great for them playing isn't it :clap:

shlargh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Very well. Mordecai and Abby are super chubby and running around everywhere. Brock and Ollie had gone for a sleepover at "Grandma's" (my mother-in-law) while we were away, and a friend was keeping eyes on the other seven. Mom is now having 'kitten withdrawal'!