Newborn kitten

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sparrow89

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don’t think that’s a good idea. Do you have any baby food available besides carrots? Like the chicken meat baby food? Is there not a single person you know who could bring you a can of evaporated milk? It costs like one dollar or less.
No, no one will do it they all are either busy, don't have a working vehicle or just don't like speaking to be or my grandpa. I have some organic chicken I could boil in water and make into a paste if that will work

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi Sparrow89 Sparrow89 , thank you for trying to help this kitten :)
Are you on facebook or nextdoor? Can you post about this kitten and ask if anyone local has any KMR (kitten milk replacement)? Some people keep it on hand in a powdered form so all you have to do is mix it up and use it that way. People on those sites are usually very compassionate towards orphaned baby animals, someone might be willing to help you.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Unpopular opinion here. I think you need to call the animal control emergency line and have them pick up the kitten You can try posting on Facebook first to see if anyone can help. But the problem is that as much as you want to help the kitten, you just aren't in a position to help right now. The kitten needs vet care and needs to eat. Feeding things, he can't yet digest is going to kill him and not feeding him is going to kill him. None of this is good. Even under the best circumstances healthy bottle baby kittens often don't make it. But this guy has allot going on right now that are going to make his odds of surviving even less. If you want to put the general area you are in, I can see if there are any resources available to you.

You had mentioned that you have other cats that are nursing. Are these your cats? I would suggest spaying and neutering. There may be something like Alley Cat Allies or the Feral Cat Coalition that can help you, so this sort of thing doesn't happen again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sparrow89

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Sparrow89 Sparrow89 , thank you for trying to help this kitten :)
Are you on facebook or nextdoor? Can you post about this kitten and ask if anyone local has any KMR (kitten milk replacement)? Some people keep it on hand in a powdered form so all you have to do is mix it up and use it that way. People on those sites are usually very compassionate towards orphaned baby animals, someone might be willing to help you.
I wish i could. But he just died. I feel so bad for not being able to help him.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hey, you did the best you could. You really tried and nobody else did. That says allot about you as a person. You are kind and you really did everything in your power to help. He died, yes, but he died knowing someone loved him and was fighting for him.

Baby kittens, even healthy ones often die without a mother. His own Mother may have rejected him because she knew he was sick. Mother Nature can be cruel that way. Often mother animals reject babies they instinctively know won’t make it.

I know you didn’t know him long, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t hurt you that he died. It’s a horrible, helpless feeling to try and still not be able to help.
If you need to talk, there is a bunch of us here that are in your corner.

I am so sorry for this outcome.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Thank you, is it possible i can crush up a vitamin and mix it with the water to give to him? That way he can get at least some nutrition
How about goats milk I mentioned earlier? Its fully good to use... And fairly cheap. Or evaporated milk SArthur suggests.... Pasteurized cow milk isnt good, but raw cow milk may do. If you have a cow farmer nearby you can probably get some raw cow milk.

Having a bit of crushed vitamine pill may perhaps be harmless and even may work in some situation, but its not nutrient... so it doesnt help here.

Ps. I see now its over.... Anyway, these advices and tips are useful if you ever come into a similiar situation...

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear this Sparrow89 Sparrow89 We always lock the threads as a sign of respect when a cat dies, so I'll lock this one now.

If you have other cats in your care that are not spayed or neutered please make sure you get them all fixed as soon as you can. By preventing more kittens being born into a home where you are struggling to provide proper care for them all you will be preventing further suffering.

Think of getting all the other cats fixed as a way of paying tribute to this kitten that didn't make it.

:hugs:

Please start another thread if you need any help with getting the rest of your cats spayed and neutered.

Status
Not open for further replies.