New with cat - something unusual

mishi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey all.
Its been 2 weeks & 3 days with my first ever cat Mishi.
Today while I was petting her I felt something unusual on her body on 2 areas. I touched it and it was hard and dry. The first thing came to my mind was to log in on thecatsite.com & ask for help. I've taken a couple of pics. Please view them and guide me what it is and what to do now?
*secretly hoping its normal & nothing is wrong*

Last edited:

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can't really see any detail in the pictures. Could they be bites of some kind? Where are they located?

ramgren89

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
it sounds like they could be bite wounds.. how close together are they?? and as the other person asked where on the body are they located..are you thinking they are scabs? the ''long'' part could be just blood that is mixed with the fur and hardened. are they bothering her? if all else fails, you could always take her in if its something you are worried about, if she came from a shelter she is probably up to date on shots, but if she isnt she may need some. from what i can tell in the picture it does not look puffy or red.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
They look like scabs to me. Does she go outside or live with any other animals? She could have got in a bit of a fight.

As Ramgren said, they don't look red or puffy so you shouldn't worry about them. They'll just dry up and fall off.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mishi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
@vballcat91: sorry for the picture not being clear. They are on her back.
@Ramgren89 & @Norachan: she is a totally indoor cat. She has never been with any other animal. I got her from a friend who had to move out. But yes, it looks like scab. it doesnt bother her at all and its not red. I'm glad that its nothing to worry about.

Thank you for replies. So kind of you all.