New to having expecting cat. ..I'm lost

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The kitten needs 8 ml of KMR for each ounce during a 24 hour period.  So, 12 x 8 is 96 divided by # of feedings.  If you are feeding every 3 hours around the clock,  it's simple, 12 mls each feeding.  If you are feeding smaller meals, you need to feed more often.

How often are you feeding the kitten?  Be sure to burp (and potty if necessary) after feeding.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amandanc

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Every 2 or 3 hours depending on if he is acting like he's hungry. I put him with his mom just to see if he would nurse but he just laid there.
Thank you so much for the information, I reallllly appreciate it.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Every 2 or 3 hours depending on if he is acting like he's hungry. I put him with his mom just to see if he would nurse but he just laid there.
Thank you so much for the information, I reallllly appreciate it.
Are you weighing him?  Good you have your eyes open and observing closely, but if you arent experienced the easiest way to know if they gets enough is to weigh them every day.  If they gain what they shall, good, if not -  supplement more vigorously.

amandanc

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have not weighed him today,yesterday we didn't weigh them because everything WAS fine at the normal time we do that. I will weigh him & try my best to get him to eat. He will only take a little over 2mls at a time do I am going to be doing this almost constantly. IF he will take it. He really seems to be in a lot of pain after taking the nutra-cal and the 2+mls I've been able to get in him.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He may have gas. You can try rubbing his tummy gently in a downward motion to help with gas. You can also purchase infant mylicon drops and put a couple of drops into the formula you give him. Is he still urinating?

Last edited:

amandanc

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He is still at 12oz...Cody did weigh them the other day before the trauma happened & he said he weighed 13oz.
He does urinate when I use a wet warm paper towel or cotton ball.