New To Cat Pregnancies And Need Advice

overseascatlady

Overseas Cat Lady
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all,

My little warrior Kasut (it means shoes in Malaysia) is pregnant. I call her a warrior as she is the one that likes to bring gifts home every time she goes outside to play...one time a scorpion and one day there was even a baby monitor lizard she brought home. We planned on getting her fixed but she is a small cat and the vet told us to wait and see if she got a bit bigger as he said maybe she could be a late grower...She is over a year old now, and we tried many times to tell him there were multiple males around our house and that she would find a way to sneak out...she sure did, she broke a couple of window panes trying to get out, as she loves to lay out in the sun and spend time rolling around on the sand.. Where I live overseas our vet isn't the best and doesnt give the most sound advice. He couldn't even give us an exact date as his ultra sound machine was broken.
My cat seems to spend a lot more time on her back and seems a bit more restless. I found some brown dots the day before on the floor but didnt see any mucous plug anywhere. Her vulva looks to be swollen and she has been cleaning herself constantly. Not just around her genitals but everywhere.
I think she has found her nesting spot, which is the area she has been sleeping in a lot lately, but I am still not 100% certain that is where she wants to nest. She has been trying to nest in different areas but all areas I cant have her nest in as they aren't the safest of places to do it, so I've sent up 6 different boxes with towels and blankets, but she still isn't going to them.

Babies are kicking inside and Im sure she will be giving birth today or tomorrow, but I am just worried. Anyone want to help calm me? Ive been sitting around the last 2 weeks researching so much but feel like I am not calming myself at all.....also my beautiful Kasut is waking me up around 4 am everyday for cuddles and then every 10 minutes she continues to come back to wake me up for another cuddle.

IMG_8237.JPG
IMG_8237.JPG
IMG_8237.JPG
IMG_8237.JPG
IMG_8237.JPG
IMG_8221.JPG
IMG_8228.JPG
IMG_8237.JPG
IMG_8221.JPG
IMG_8228.JPG

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

overseascatlady

Overseas Cat Lady
Young Cat
Purraise
So sorry as well. Not sure why so many pictures popped up like that. I only posted the 3 photos

lacy2000

Windy City Fosters
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Try and block off any places that are unsafe. Make sure the spots you want her to nest are quiet, away from males, warm, and dark.

I'd also find a different vet just in case you need anything or something goes wrong. It seems as if your current vet isn't very experienced with pregnant or nursing cats and babies.

Good luck to you and Kasut! I am sure everything will go smoothly, as it does most of the time. Now its just a waiting game! Let us know if anything happens!

overseascatlady

Overseas Cat Lady
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you so very much Lacy2000 I really appreciate your replying. Yes I have blocked off all areas that she wants to go into, including closing the door to my daughters room and the unsafe areas. She continues to try and go outside but that too is a no no so we are trying to provide nice quiet areas to go to. She seems to favor one place underneath the kitchen sink and I provided her with a box and blankets to see if that will make her more comfortable, but she still doesnt want to go into it, just prefers to lay on the tiles right next to the box.

Sadly I dont have many options for vets. We live on a small island in Malaysia, and there are not many options. All our cats are rescues which have been dumped on the sides of roads. Kasut here is our first pregnant female, and the rest we have always gotten spayed as soon as we take them in. So I am definitely new to this!

Thank you so very much for replying! Fingers crossed the little ones come soon. she looks very uncomfortable and ready to burst.

lacy2000

Windy City Fosters
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's common for pregnant cats to want to lay on cold floors because they can get hot and uncomfortable so it makes sense she would want to lay on the tiles. Maybe she will end up choosing the box during birth.

Thank you for being such a caring cat owner!

overseascatlady

Overseas Cat Lady
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks to you both for writing me. Kasut is doing well. I can see the babies moving around and her stomach looks like she has swallowed a football.
She is trying hard to sneak out the front door twice today to go outside but we are trying as much as possible to prevent that from happening.
She is eating a lot and then seems to get tired and lay down whenever she takes a few steps. She isn’t cleaning herself as much as she was yesterday and nothing is happening as of yet. But I will keep you guys posted. Thanks again for calming a first time owner of a pregnant cat we will definitely be getting our warrior Kasut spayed as soon as she is ready

overseascatlady

Overseas Cat Lady
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi there,

I wrote before about my cat, but thought I would check up now with everyone and see if any one knows how long till my little lady has her kittens?

Two days ago she looked like she was having contractions but they stopped. Last night she seemed to be having contractions again, and kept twitching her tail and her feet and rolling around. They stopped again. I checked her nipples to see if there was any dried up milk and there was. It was a bit crusty on each nipples and she had some dried up yellow stuff on her vulva. The contractions stopped again. She went into her nesting box twice and moved the towels around but jumped out again. She has been eating fine again, and hasn't had any contractions again. She should is on point around 61 - 63 days now but I just want to see if anyone can give me some advice. Is this labour or pre labour? She seemed a bit uncomfortable but wasnt crying out. For the past week and a half she comes to cuddle every morning around 4:30 am to 5:30 am, and she did the same today, and was really hungry this morning.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like pre-labor, and she may have lost her mucus plug. This is all normal. She should go into labor and have kittens in the next few days.

overseascatlady

Overseas Cat Lady
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks so much. I’ve come home from work now. She is a bit more affectionate this afternoon. She doesn’t have any crusted colostrum around the nipples any more and doesn’t seem to have any dry crust around her Vulva. She is eating a bit less than before and still sleeping as much as before. I see the babies are extremely active today. That’s a good sign right?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, it all sounds good and perfectly normal. Try not to stress too much, and let nature take its course. :)

overseascatlady

Overseas Cat Lady
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi there. Update Kasut still hasn’t had her kittens. Today though I have come home from work and she has a little bit of clear discharge coming from her vulva. Not a lot just a little bit. Does his mean labour will be coming soon? She doesn’t seem to be having contractions and is eating normally. Little bit cuddly but very quiet today.

overseascatlady

Overseas Cat Lady
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks. The clear liquid stopped after first seeing it and now there is nothing there. She is sleeping a lot and the babies are continuing to move. But she has milk coming out.

overseascatlady

Overseas Cat Lady
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks so much! I’m sorry if I become annoying asking so many questions but it definitely is the first time I have had a cat pregnant. We will definitely be spaying her afterwards and any kittens before they are rehomed.
She continues to sleep and sometimes is in a really deep sleep but babies are moving pretty well inside her.

overseascatlady

Overseas Cat Lady
Young Cat
Purraise
Kasuts mucous plug came out and within an hour and half she has delivered so far one solid black kitten. She is definitely still in labour. She has been so good. She cried for about an hour walking around small contractions. 10 minutes before first kitten born she started pushing and no noise.
She also only stopped eating an hour and half before kitten

overseascatlady

Overseas Cat Lady
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi there! 2 babies still attached to placenta. The third is not. I think she is going to have one more. She looks like it with all the panting. Is that normal?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How are things? Have all placentas been separated now? Is mom done and the kittens latched and nursing?

overseascatlady

Overseas Cat Lady
Young Cat
Purraise
Babies and mom are doing so well. She finally detached the 2 babies from their placentas after about an hour. Babies latched instantly to mommy. 3 babies. All solid black. Which I was surprised as she is a little tuxedo cat. Thought maybe one would look more like her.
2 babies with long full tails
1 baby only a tiny stump for a tail but looks functional

Mommy and babies doing really well. It was an hour and all babies out. First one 3 30 pm. Next baby 3 41 pm and third baby 4 14 pm. First pregnancy and the last one. But Mom is hungry so eating and drinking water now and is very affectionate.

Will post pictures tomorrow of the little babies.