New To Cat Pregnancies And Need Advice

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

overseascatlady

Overseas Cat Lady
Young Cat
Purraise
I’ve managed to get in there with a light and see the babies properly. It’s 2 with short tails and one with a long tail

overseascatlady

Overseas Cat Lady
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much! They are gorgeous!
I do have a question though. Inside where they are with Kasut it’s a little smelly now due to the birth and I was wondering when would be a good time to go in there and clean. I don’t want to disturb them but I would like to be able to clean up a bit for them if possible. Should I wait a day or two?

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
Others are more experienced, but from what I have read here, when Kasut gets up to use the litter box, that's when you should swap out the bedding. Do you have a scale to weigh the kittens? Others will give the amounts they should gain each day, but I know you should weigh them around the same time every day & keep track to make sure they're all gaining properly and don't need to be supplemented. With a litter of three, perhaps it's not as much of an issue since there are plenty of nipples for all. Congratulations & continued good luck!

overseascatlady

Overseas Cat Lady
Young Cat
Purraise
Others are more experienced, but from what I have read here, when Kasut gets up to use the litter box, that's when you should swap out the bedding. Do you have a scale to weigh the kittens? Others will give the amounts they should gain each day, but I know you should weigh them around the same time every day & keep track to make sure they're all gaining properly and don't need to be supplemented. With a litter of three, perhaps it's not as much of an issue since there are plenty of nipples for all. Congratulations & continued good luck!

Thank you so very much for your response. The kittens are doing really well and you can see Kasut is a great mom taking care of the kittens. I cleaned up the towels the same day and managed to put fresh new ones. Kasut has already tried searching for new places to be with her kittens who seem to be growing by the day. They are quite active and then also seem to sleep very well. They are also all latching on to mom very well also. Kasut has tried to move her kittens to places in the house, but always moves them back within a few minutes. My favorite place she has tried to move the little ones (which I knew was a total no as it wasnt going to be safe) Was inside my fitted bed sheet. Was funny to watch but she realised just as fast that it wasnt going to work and moved them back. I have tried to make a few places for her just in case she wants to move them again. We are super excited for the little ones. They are beautiful. Attached I will put a photo of the three new additions to the family.
When they were first born she wouldn't let them go on the towel, but now all three are comfortable on the towels and blankets as of yesterday.

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
See that they stay in just one room for now. Put mom’s food, water, and litter in the room and close the door if need be. It’s much safer right now!