New to all of this. Opinions please ?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
There’s really no need for another x-ray. Just wait it out. I was told by my vet that a pregnant stray I adopted had 7-10 days to go based on an x-ray. She delivered 4 healthy babies 12 days later. At least you know she’s getting near the end. Did the vet say how many kittens she is carrying?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mmeek123

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She said 3 that she could see but that was another reason she wanted me to bring her back. I plan on just waiting it out. The only reason I took her today was because I wanted to make sure everything was ok with her cuz of the practice contractions and then nothing happening I didnt want her to get sick if something was wrong.

Mmeek123

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay so I have named the cat kitty lol. Well she is dilating and now having noticable discharge. I know it could be hours or days. I'm now just nervous and hope she and babies will be healthy! Will update with any changes!

Mmeek123

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok update the vet said she was in prelabor still no kittens -_-. They said there are for sure 4 kittens. She's had more discharge just normal discharge. At this point I feel like she's just never going to have them lol. Last tuesday 9 days ago the vet said 7 days is what he thinks she has left he said at the very most 10 days.

Lovelylori

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Fingers crossed for you! My cat had kittens about 3 weeks ago now and I thought we still had another week. Funny how things work out!! Good luck!!

Mmeek123

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Fingers crossed for you! My cat had kittens about 3 weeks ago now and I thought we still had another week. Funny how things work out!! Good luck!!
Thanks she's for sure acting different but still not showing signs of having them soon. I just wish she would hurry up at this point cuz I'm not sleeping good because I'm worried about her 😂

Mmeek123

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
And we have 3 kittens out!

Lovelylori

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yay!! About time!! Pictures please lol and congratulations!!! My babies are 4 weeks old now 😍

Mmeek123

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Will send pics as soon as I can get a clear shot lol she picks a tiny plastic tub she didnt really fit it so every one is a little smushed in there 😂

Mmeek123

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Not the best but I tried to outline them.

Mmeek123

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It was all so so so fast. No signs or any thing when I checked on her at 240pm I went to a thrift store to find some chairs came back and it was 430 and she already had 3 out lol the 4th born 5 minutes after I got home.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Congrats! You’ll want to move them to a larger nest right away. Mom needs room to stretch out for nursing and to not squish the babies. :)

Mmeek123

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Congrats! You’ll want to move them to a larger nest right away. Mom needs room to stretch out for nursing and to not squish the babies. :)
Wish I had seen this earlier lol I was up all night making sure no one was being laid on. They are all strong and moving around and so cute! I planned on moving them today because I thought it was going to stress her out if i messed with them.