New to all of this. Opinions please ?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mmeek123

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Excuse my horrible nail polish 😂. But this is one picture I did get to take when mom when to go eat and drink.

Mmeek123

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Congrats! You’ll want to move them to a larger nest right away. Mom needs room to stretch out for nursing and to not squish the babies. :)
Ok so I just tried to move the kittens like 3 feet away from under my bed to the box in the closet and she freaked out and took the one baby out before I could set the others down and so I put them back where they were and she kept running to the box in the closet and meowing she seemed nervous. What should I do?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I would put the box near the bed, move the kittens all at once, put the box in the closet, and hope that mom follows and figures out that all her babies are there together. Usually if you do it quickly while she watches the mom will be okay with it. Give it a try!

Last edited:

Mmeek123

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay. I took the tub the kittens were born over to the box the first time and set one in that's when she freaked out lol but I'll try and get them in there faster and see what happens. Thank you!

Mmeek123

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How did things go, how is mama now?
Things are ok still working on moving the kittens out of the tub so for now I put the tub inside the box lol. The kittens all seem strong and chunky havent weighed them yet but all of them have round little tummies and I've seen all eat several times since yesterday. Mom seems good just sometimes when she's out away from the kittens she meows quiet a bit not sure if there's something wrong with her or if she's just wanting attention.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She’s just vocalizing. When do you plan to finish the move? You can pick up the kittens with the current bedding under them and move them. Then remove the smaller nest from the room.

Mmeek123

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
20200506_190704.jpg
ok so we compromised lol. I moved the box under the edge of my bed and put the tub in it for a few hours then moved the kittens out of the tub and now there's plenty of room and she's not trying to move them lol. Thanks!!

Mmeek123

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She’s just vocalizing. When do you plan to finish the move? You can pick up the kittens with the current bedding under them and move them. Then remove the smaller nest from the room.
The hardest part is there was no bedding in the tub she picked and it took a while and some steps to get her ok with me moving them. She didn't have any problems with me touching them or even rearranging them for her but when I moved them the first time she grabbed the kitten and moved it back under the bed before I could even set another kitten in the box I had the tub of kittens with me and every thing lol. She apparently didnt wanna be in the closet so she is now doing well with the box under the bed.