New seal linx male full regestered show / Breader

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

toyman1365

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Iv been taking care of cats for thirty years but just starting to under stand genetics and color mix i am working with a couple of mentors but im learning as much as i can from different web sights im a quick learner and want the right queen for my snow bangle so that part of the reason for coming to this web site i want to make sure my chocises are the right and proper choises being im new at breeding pure breeds have had lots of experance in domestic mix breeds but pure breeds i know is a lot more complacated that y im trying to learn more while my snow bangle is a kitten

toyman1365

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mom and dad of my kitten are both black silver spoted tabby the grand parents are brown black spotted / black silver spotted. Seal mink spotted / brown black spotted

toyman1365

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
good mentors are hard to find near me i useto volnter at my local humane socity working with the vet in the spay and nuter clinic i dont allways let on how much i realy know in serch of infomation and guindance where i can , to do things right the first time and learn right

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Start with a Bengal show neuter, after a few years of showing you'll have learnt enough about the breed standards, and met enough other breeders that finding a mentor shan't be an issue. 

kittymom88

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Spend some time apprenticing with an experienced breeder before going at it on your own

Last edited by a moderator:

toyman1365

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the advice. I wll be showing my spayed seal point Himalayan as house hold pet Febuary 22-24 in Jacksonville FL hope to meet other breeders to learn more.

toyman1365

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Adopted her from aspca at 10 weeks old she is just a little over 2 years old

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
While showing domestics is fine and a good intro into showing, you should show a Bengal neuter to learn about the breed before getting a breeding girl 

Last edited:

toyman1365

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Being i just got the 4 month old male Bangel i want him to settled in his new home before ill show him. Also i dont know if i can add him in time. Or i would have put him in the show in stead . It will also give a chance to learn more about Bangel standerds and meet other Bangel breeders and pick there brains. Now i have the time to learn more i was working 56 hr weeks so i did not have the time to spend to learn about the breed

toyman1365

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't take breeding Pure Breeds lightly i want the kittens healthy , frindly and have proper color and markings that is proper by standerds for the Bangel breed

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I second all the comments above about starting with a show neuter.  You need contacts and showing is a great way to get them, and to understand what the breed should look like.  Personally I'm astonished someone sold you a registered male cat with breeding rights given you are new to both showing the breed, and breeding.

I also found 15 breeders in FL:

http://www.bengalcat.com/breederlistingregion.aspx?region=6

I can't imagine they are all right at the far end of FL.

And please, please get the breed name right.  Bengal not Bangle.  I have no idea if you are not a native English speaker, or have dyslexia, or both, but if you breed you will have to advertise your kittens and personally I would not investigate a breeder who cannot get the breed name right and who doesn't use a spell checker.  Somewhere along the line you have to fill in paperwork, and it has to be right.

kittymom88

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
While showing domestics is fine and a good intro into showing, you should show a Bengal neuter to learn about the breed before getting a breeding girl 
I don't always think that is necessary to be honest. I apprenticed while showing domestic/HHP and then immediately took the plunge into breeding- but I was at my mentor's cattery weekly, and fully responsible for prep and exhibition of two of her girls

toyman1365

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I do have dyslexia and for offical paperwork i do use spell checker so if you fell that way dont bother commacate with me

Last edited by a moderator:

toyman1365

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Theres is only about 3 breeders in central fl most are 3-4 hour drive one way drive from me it takes me the whole day to view a kitten i like to spend an hour or 2 to talk to the breeder and see the kitten

toyman1365

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I grew up with the truth ia best im openly honest blunt and streight forward the truth doesent changes lies do and its to hard to rember lies you tell becouse youll have to tell another one to cover the first thats why im openly honest