New seal linx male full regestered show / Breader

toyman1365

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
in may im going to be looking for a femail bangle  i was thinking of a golden spotrd bangle to bread with the seal linx what are your thought for color for female so one color dose not donmanat , so to get a good variation in the litter?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What are you aiming for in your breeding program? Do you have breeding rights on your male?

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

toyman1365

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes i have full rights show and breeding rights im looking not to have one color be domant over the other like to get a mix of the color genes of parent healthy well socilized and good temperment not shure if i should get a rosetta or golden spotted female. What would be the best color combation with a seal linx

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What breed are you talking about? I'm now assuming bangle means bengal?? Seal=black. It is dominant. What does your stud carry? If you're talking about bengals, golden isn't recognized colour as far as I know, and golden is just a mutation in the inhibitor (silver) gene and not an actual colour, so a golden cat would have a main colour like black, blue etc. Black would be the only option if we're talking about bengals. So you have a snow bengal, breeding it with a brown or silver spotted or marbled point carrier would likely give you widest colour range. I don't know if point x silver is allowed in bengals though.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I assume golden = brown

Are you showing your cats? Have other Bengal breeders to talk to and mentors? You really need to know basic genetics before breeding cats

Hopefully you're also knowledgable on HCM and different lines. And tested for PK-Def, snows also being tested for HK

A brown who is C/cs will give you brown, seal lynx, seal mink

C/bc brown, seal mink, seal sepia

C/C brown

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you got clearer photos? Does not look like a silver seal lynx point from that photo, I know too well silvers can be harder to photograph as the light is so easily reflected.

Last edited:

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can see slight silver on the tail, the face is shaded different to others I've seen.

Are you showing her? 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

toyman1365

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I will be after i get him seltlled in to his new home and cofertable

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't see the silver, but it's often difficult to photograph with colorpoint silvers (having one myself). So he's a seal silver lynx point? Then you might want to mate him with something else than another silver to get the widest colour range for kittens.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
May I ask what experience you have with the breed? Genetic posts and questions above have not been responded to.

Do you have mentors? It's not generally recommended to start out with a stud boy, nor a breeding pair. One usually starts with a single queen, using an outside stud from a breeder/mentor known from the years of showing neuters. Stud boys can be difficult to house and deal with as they mature, which is why they're not recommended for a novice. 

Have you shown in neuter class for several years? Made friends with other breeders from shows, some of which can mentor you?

And again, the health issues that come with the breed. Breeding for colour should not be the main concern, and basic genetic understanding/guidance from mentors will assist with that. 

Last edited:

bengalbabe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with the post above, color should comes after knowing about health and good breeding practices. You really need a mentor before you start breeding. But it's a good start that you are coming here for information. Your kitty can be a silver snow as most silver snows only look snow. Seal lynx snows are recessive at the colorpoint gene site (cscs) and when bred to another seal lynx point will only make seal lynx points. If it is bred to a seal mink, you will get seal lynx points and seal minks. If bred to a brown, you could also get browns and depending on what recessives the parents carry you could get other recessive colors such as blue, solid black, etc. You can also get silvers and silver snows if your cat is really a silver snow. One parent must be silver to get silvers as silver cannot be carried recessively.

bengalbabe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
by the way I wanted to add that "golden" is just a descriptive term for brown. Also, you can get your boy color tested at UC Davis to find out what recessives he carries. That way you can better plan what sort of female to breed him to. But before you do that, please look for a good mentor.