New, need help please

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sillypup5

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
lol. Thanks
I keep thinking whenever I leave the house that I'm going to come home to a cat in labor, but it's not working..lol.
Megan

bossinova

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
By the way, I must commend you on coming out into the open and telling the truth for everyone to see. That takes courage to admit things like that, and people respect that. I respect you for being honest. Hang in there! Seems like your sense of humor isn't fading in the midst of all this, and that's ALWAYS important! If you can't laugh, you're not getting the most out of life!

sillypup5

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
ROFL! Funny you should mention the watched pot never boiling. My new motto for the past couple weeks has been "The Watched Cat Never Pops!"

Megan

sillypup5

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just letting you all kjnow, I put a pic of Cleo in my profile
It's a few months old, so she was still a baby then, and the pic is kinda fuzzy...but, atleast you can somewhat see her now! lol.

sillypup5

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks
I think so too..lol. I'll have to scan a better pic of her, if I have one..I'll check.
Megan

sillypup5

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
hmm..very strange. I just gave Cleo her canned food supper, and she took 3 little licks of it and walked away. That's NEVER happened! Even the other night when I said she didn't eat as much as she normally does, she still ate about 1/4 of what I gave her..She didn't hardly touch it tonight.

bossinova

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love your motto! That's really funny! She is absolutely beautiful! Pretty, pretty girl. By the way, what in the world is a budgie?

sillypup5

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A budgie is a small parrot type bird..They're also known as parakeets, so maybe you know them by that name?

I was just looking at the pic I posted of Cleo, and she really doesn't look like that anymore..besides from being pregnant..lol. She doesn't have nearly as much white on her pace now, now it's mostly her peach, with a bit of white and grey...I'm sure I have a better pic around here somewhere...the trick is actually finding one..lol

sillypup5

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok, put a different pic in the profile. She's the same age there...maybe 6 or 7 months. But you can see her colorings a bit better...Although it's stil a pretty crappy pic..I promisde I will take better ones as soon as I get some film! lol

sillypup5

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am totally wondering what the kittens will look like. Cleo looks exactly like her mom, but Charlie's a really dark, really long haired tabby...So who knows what they've made! If they'd hurry up and come out I could tell you! lol
Megan

cathyg

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
From her picture, she looks like a blue-cream tortie shorthair with white (blue/grey is a dilute of black). And from how you described him, I'm guessing the father is a brown/black tabby longhair.

Lets see . . .you will probably get tortie girls (but black torties with orange patches or brown tabbies with orange patches), and red tabby boys (like Morris). If the father is carrying dilute (blue/grey) the females can also look like the mother, and the boys can be blue tabbies. The males can also be the father's color. If both parents are carrying solid the males can be solid black (if dad's carrying dilute, they can also be solid blue/grey) Since the father isn't red, no females will be red tabbies.

I'm guessing most or all of the kittens will have some white on them.

If your female is carrying longhair, some of the kittens can be longhair as well. Longhair, like blue, is recessive and must be carried by both parents in order for the kittens to have it. If both parents are longhair, they can't have shorthaired kittens, because shorthair, like red is dominant (gotta show it to throw it).

Let's see how close I am . . . lets you see one reason why breeders are so interested in pedigrees.

sillypup5

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow..lol. Cleo is a DMH..Will be interresting to see how close you are
Thanks for the info! That's really interresting!
Megan

cathyg

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
DMH, I assume Domestic Medium Hair?

If she has medium hair (let's make this simple, a "fluffy tail"), then she is considered long haired. If dad is longhaired too, all the kittens will be varying degrees of long hair. Two longhairs (i.e. two recessives) can't throw a shorthair (dominant) as dominant genes can't be carried.

Cathy

sillypup5

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lol..yes, she has a very fuzzy tail. Her fur on her body is a bit longer than a DSH, but not as long as a DLH..lol

Just a small update, I just felt Cleo's belly while she was standing up, and her back 2 teats are starting to hang down, so she's really starting to fill up. The "tunnel" or whatever it called that runs between each teat is hanging, almost at the 2'nd set of nipples now. The vet told me she would fill up from back to front, it's just kinda cool. lol. So hopefully within a few days we'll have babies...sigh

sillypup5

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, I'm taking my son fishing this afternoon. This will be the first time since I thought Cleo was due that we're leaving for more than an hour or so. Knowing my luck, she'll go into labor while we gone..lol.