New member (and new kitten owner) !

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

necrius

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i guess i'll check wires are left untouched for a while before i leave any appliance on for her.

i have a scratch post and some toys. i'm lucky in that the lady who has raised the kit so far is handing these items over for the kit to keep. really pleased.

zeusmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
nice to meet u i am jamie 23F from London (ontario) I have Zeus who is 3
you must be so excited about your kitten. shes so adorable!
you'll have so much fun with your new baby

looking forward to hearing stories and seeing pictures of her!

dmcwlvssr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
what a cutie! Welcome I am donna proudly owned by the incredible trio

cyberkitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Congrats on a cute kitty!! When I brought my kitten home (she is now 8 months already!!), she stayed ONLY in my bedroom and her litter box was in the bath that is associated with this bedroom. That worked really well unti she became comfortable with the entire house and intriduced that gradually. I am sure Kittens for Dummies also tells you how to kitten proof your home and that is essential since smart kittens can be great escape artists or try poisonous plants or have no sense of height and jump heaven knows where.

I was only able to bring my sweetheart home at 12 weeks and that is pretty much the norm here for Siamese kitties. It is not good to deprive a kitten of essential learning time with her mama.

Enjoy her!!

consumerkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Necrius! Maybe you could name her Samurai (Sam for short). That would be cute. My kitten is always trying to chew on electrical cords, so I make sure everything is unplugged when I'm not there. Also, it's a good idea to keep the toilet seat lid down so she can't climb up and fall into the bowl. I'm very impressed that you are making such an effort to provide a safe home for your new little baby girl.

Welcome to TCS!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

necrius

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
well thanks, but the way i see it, this is a really big responsibility for me. it will take effort on my part, but if i am going to have some company with the little kit, i have to do it right. but thanks, great to meet all you guys, the help is definitely appreciated.

so, her name will be .... fÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]a

it's elvish for 'spirit'. i quite like it. it also kinda reminds me of a female 'Ã[emoji]169[/emoji]a', which, in tolkiens realm, means world,universe. Of course, it also sounds just like 'fear', so i get my power-kitty name in there as well. double bonus points!