New kitty in the house- temporarily

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
YAY! She just ate for the first time! She wants to be petted so bad, but she gets overstimulated easy. Pet her to long, she will bite you, not hard, but enough to make me stop. So I pet her just easy and not often and it went better this time-

ash_bct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wonderful news MA! Could she be slowly warming up tp human attention? Well, in your care I know this will have a happy ending

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aww, what a pretty girl!
I love grey cats! I'm so glad this little one is going to such a great home!

I think I missed a thread somewhere...where was she rescued from?

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There was no thread, I got a phone call last week from a lady asking me if I had any openings. i told her I was not an organization, just a sucker...er a private citizen rescuing cats out of my own pocket. She told me about this kitten and her story. I had just lost Tazzy and Wink was having health problems, so again I told her I was sorry but I couldn't take her. We hung up.

She called again a few days later and asked if I had an opening yet?
They were getting ready to move and they couldn't keep her, could I help? I told her I couldn't promise, but I would ask around. On that asking around I asked E if she wanted her?-
She didn't but said that she would network- and network she did. Finding dicknleah and a great place for this lovely girl. I called the lady back and the kitten arrived this morning. Mike and I will take her to Washington on Sunday meeting her new caretaker and also seeing E again-

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, hello pretty little girl!
MA, how wonderful of you to provide her with a temporary home prior to her transit. Once again, members of TCS teaming up to help save a precious baby!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by hissy

There was no thread, I got a phone call last week from a lady asking me if I had any openings. i told her I was not an organization, just a sucker...er a private citizen rescuing cats out of my own pocket. She told me about this kitten and her story. I had just lost Tazzy and Wink was having health problems, so again I told her I was sorry but I couldn't take her. We hung up.

She called again a few days later and asked if I had an opening yet?
They were getting ready to move and they couldn't keep her, could I help? I told her I couldn't promise, but I would ask around. On that asking around I asked E if she wanted her?-
She didn't but said that she would network- and network she did. Finding dicknleah and a great place for this lovely girl. I called the lady back and the kitten arrived this morning. Mike and I will take her to Washington on Sunday meeting her new caretaker and also seeing E again-
I'm so glad things worked out so well. From your descriptions, she sounds like a wonderful kitten. As an added bonus, you get to spend Easter with Elizabeth...you two always sound like you have so much fun together!

Thanks for being a "sucker"!

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

I'm so glad things worked out so well. From your descriptions, she sounds like a wonderful kitten. As an added bonus, you get to spend Easter with Elizabeth...you two always sound like you have so much fun together!
Oh you have NO idea. It's Hissy corruption time on Easter Sunday!

I just about fell off my chair, if you can call re-homing stressed kitties, grieving, and mixing noxious household substances things that MA would be so inclined to enjoy with me when we've seen each other.

MA, I am so glad she's eating, good sign. I did think back to when I got SiSi, and she had just given birth to Sasha a week before but her heat cycle was starting up again and she would rub me incessantly and constantly try to get into my arms, as well as Saba would nip at me when I first got her too. I felt a direct communication from Saba that "I want to play and bond but I am wary of you, too". Now I pet her all the time all over, she never nips, and the overstimulation stuff has gone away.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
sashacat421 said:
Oh you have NO idea. It's Hissy corruption time on Easter Sunday!

I just about fell off my chair, if you can call re-homing stressed kitties, grieving, and mixing noxious household substances things that MA would be so inclined to enjoy with me when we've seen each other.

Bring it on girlfriend!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She is out in general population and doing well. Her and prowler are playing together at the moment~

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She sounds like such a sweet girl. Someone is lucky to get her and she's lucky to be taken in

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ok she is in her new home, and what a home it is!
Beautiful large home near the woods, two border collies, two australian shepherds all very well behaved and four cats that look healthy enough for a Purina Cat Chow commercial. Ashes was upset in the car crying a lot, so I opened the carrier door and she fell silent. She napped in the cat carrier next to where Kenai was lying beside it, and occasionally came out to climb into my lap. She is in a really good place now and Leah is a sweeheart- Thank You Leah for taking her and thank you Elizabeth for arranging it.

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm just catching up on this thread now. Congratulations on finding a good home for Ahes with Leah. You all have hearts of gold and she looks like a good little girl.

jalapeno

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank God for people like you Hissy, Elizabeth & Leah! Definitely Angels in disguises!