New kitten, trouble adjusting?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nicosomething

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Im very hopeful for her. She still won't eat but is getting near the food and sniffing it. She drank a ton of water,I couldn't believe it. I just bought her a cool air humidifier so I hope that clears up some of her breathing and Im taking both kittens to the vet tomorrow to get them checked out. Thank you guys so much for your support and answering all my questions

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Antibiotics are amazing! 

Just so you know, antibiotics will not help fip, so it's looking great!

nicosomething

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That'd such a relief! I can't wait to see how she does after tomorrow's dosage

nicosomething

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Even more good neww! Lilo is continuing to drink water and before her antibiotics this morning she actually ate some from a saucer! Her mucus seems to be breaking up pretty well and she is kneeding and purring when I sit with her. She also is wanting out of the bathroom bad, but I can't blame her for that. I'm taking her to my vet this morning and I'm hoping for some good news so keep us in your thoughts

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Progress is sounding great!!

Excellent :)

Please let us know how the vet thinks she is coming along!

nicosomething

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, the vet basically just told me to keep doing what I'm doing. It was about a 20 minute visit so that's good. Her temp is normal, she is draining the mucous from her nose, and is moving around really well is what the vet said. She told me she is confident lilo will pull through this.
Now from my perspective, the old lilo that I didn't know before is showing her personality. It comes in waves because of course she doesn't feel 100% yet but she has been playing with mac through the door pawing at each other, she climbed on the ledge of the tub when I was showering (thank goodness she didn't fall in :) ) and she is consistently purring and rubbing against us when we spend time with her. She still isn't eating much but is showing more of an appetite when I syringe feed her and she seems to be loosening up all the fluid in her lungs.
She is doing so well, and the vet said she can probably come out of isolation in a week or so. I can't wait for her and mac to spend real time together because all of macs agression seems to be gone and now they both just want to play with each other. I will be one happy kitten mother when they are both pouncing around and healthy babies :)

nicosomething

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So, long story short this week has been a tough one. I have had to rush little lilo to the vet a couple of times for dehydration issues. She won't drink water at all. I have been obsessively looking at things to do for her water intake and have done them all, even sub q shots which have made things a bit easier but I don't want to rely on them. So my question is more asking for advice on keeping my own sanity rather than about the kitten now. I know this is a process that requires patience but it's getting harder everyday. I work part time and go to school full time so what I'm wondering is; hoe do I stop worrying so much about her? Is there any tips on what to do for her that will ease my mind when I'm gone half the day? My boyfriend helps out but I'm still a nervous wreck about the whole situation. I know this is probably too much to ask on a cat forum but maybe some encouragement will help :) I'm a disaster when it comes to worrying and I just want her to have everything I can give her

nicosomething

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Lilo died last night. We had been making her as comfortable as we could and she seemed to be improving a bit before yesterday but it all happened too fast. I got her cremated today and am in the process of cleaning everything in case it was FIP. Thank you for all of your support, I really do appreciate it.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, I'm so sorry about Lilo. What terribly sad news. You really did do everything for her. She knew she was loved and that means a lot. RIP dear little Lilo.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lilo died last night. We had been making her as comfortable as we could and she seemed to be improving a bit before yesterday but it all happened too fast. I got her cremated today and am in the process of cleaning everything in case it was FIP. Thank you for all of your support, I really do appreciate it.
This is terrible news, I'm so sorry.......

It appears to have been fip after all to me. URI's just don't take a kitten down with this much supportive care.

Very, very sad to hear :((