New kitten advice whilst they grow 😊

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Laurenjayne

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey guys.
So pink (only girl) and the smallest has gained very little the last 24 hours. She is 463g so over the recommended for 4 weeks, is bright playful and nursing from mum so is this just a plateau?
She's never been a huge gainer compared to the boys always around 10 to 15g a day.
The boys are over 500g and she's not having to fight for a nipple as she has always had her own.
Don't want to go straight into worrying when she's acting fine.
I think I may be weighing to many times in 24 hours too so possibly I'm seeing a gain/loss from them pooping and peeing.
Plus they are moving around climbing and running like crazy and have cut their teeth.
Hopefully I am just being over anxious after loosing a baby at the start I would have to deal with that again with these guys.

Laurenjayne

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Babies got an upgrade extended area today, they are so desperate to be out playing with us they needed more space.
Hoping mum is happy to still go in and feed them, she seems confused with them having so much space!
Saw two of the boys eating dry kitten food yesterday, none are using the litter tray yet though so just hoping that comes in over time.
They are not quite 5 weeks so still very young.
Wondering whether it's a good time to start having formula down in a bowl for them? Or will that upset their feeding with mum?
Mum and kittens are booked for their a check at 6 weeks which will then be a pre op check for her spay too.
Video of them today in there new area ❤
Welcome to the mad House 😸 #chill #cats #kittens #catshorts #pets #cute #babies #madhouse #catvideo

Laurenjayne

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Happy 5 weeks to these babies!
Can you tell any colours yet? Orange is definitely seal point but much darker in the body than his dad was already!
I can see some tabby markings on some too 😄
Weight is almost impossible to do they don't stay still so need to get a light bowl to put them in I think!

Attachments

Laurenjayne

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone!
Kittens are 6 weeks old today! They are all crazy, running climbing and sleeping!
Still only 2 are eating and they only like dry food and water, they turn their nose up to all wet food!
The other two are not really interested 😕
They are all using the litter train 80% of the time!
Here are babies still feeding from mum, and yet almost as big haha! And then this little guy who is the biggest and trying hard to make me keep him!.

Attachments

Laurenjayne

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise