New fosters - Medley & Moby - Advice welcome

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lyzzie

La Folle Aux Chats
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Almost worth giving up your side of the bed...........okay maybe once!  
I was prepared for that, but didn't need to! Only Sparrow slept with us, the other three were too busy playing all night...

Lyzzie

La Folle Aux Chats
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Bad news : Sparrow is missing. He didn't came home after his walk Tuesday night. Here's the thread :
[thread="332605"]Sparrow Didnt Came Home Last Night  [/thread]
On the crazy kittens front, everything is progressing well. The three are very good friends, and they discovered the use of the [product="19161"]Catit Design Senses Treat Maze​[/product]. Moby is so crazy about dry food, he's close to getting his Master's Degree in Maze
Right now they are all asleep. I'm a little worried about Medley, he's coughing again, and is obviously expectorating (don't know if it's the right word?) something. I called their vet and was told to give him Metacam for three days. No anti biotics. I hate Metacam so much, I don't know if it's really the right thing to do, but I did give him one dose last night. Didn't change anything yet.

Lyzzie

La Folle Aux Chats
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I didn't gave any more Metacam to Medley, and we didn't hear any coughing, so that's good. Yesterday I got all 3 kitties to take worming medicine. I weighted them beforehand, and they all lost weight! Not much, but they shouldn't lose, and they have access to food all day, and eating well.

This morning, the litterboxes were full of really soft poop, with LOTS of worms. I'd never seen roundworms before. Urgh. Disgusting, looks like spaguettis. I'm not sure who did what, but they will get another round of pills in two weeks. I don't know if I can do 3 rounds, or if two will suffice. We'll see.

Last edited:

Lyzzie

La Folle Aux Chats
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sparrow came home Wed. morning! We're so happy! He's a little hurt but nothing major. He's exhausted and sleeps a lot, but eats and drink well, and went to the litterbox this morning. I'm keeping my eye on him.

Medley is coughing again, and I feel like it's getting worse, so we have a vet appointment today. My thinking is that he's got so much worms that it infected his respiratory system, which would explain the coughing and the fast breathing, but I'm worried. We'll see what the vet thinks.

Lyzzie

La Folle Aux Chats
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We're back from the vet. Medley has pneumonia and a heart murmur. We've scheduled an echo for next week, and we're starting him on MARFLOQUIN 20MG 1/2 pill/day for 20 days (that's Marbofloxacin), and FORTEKOR (Bénazépril) 2.5 1 pill/day.

I'm scared. You should have seen his X-Rays, there are spots everywhere. We're hoping his murmur is the result of the pneumonia, and not something else. Poor little guy. Should I still give him probiotics while he's on anti biotics? Is there something else I can do to help him?

Lyzzie

La Folle Aux Chats
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I made a thread about Medley's medical issues here : [thread="333129"]7 Mo Medley Has Pneumonia And A Heart Murmur​[/thread]  

So back to the bros' progress :

Medley is really at home, he's walking everywhere with his tail high up, sleeping with us on the bed, asking for pets,... It's awesome to have him with us. He's a funny, loving cat.

Moby really came out of his shell since the vet visit for his boosters. He's becoming more and more loving, rubbing my legs. He doesn't run when we come up to him. He's still a little shy with SO, but much less with me. I can pick him up, rub his belly, pet his head (which he just loves). I knew there was something about him, he's a great addition to our home.

The both of them really have fun with Shadow, they like to play together, and groom each other, not necessarily in that order

Sparrow is still grouchy, we're trying everything we can to make him feel better while keeping him safe inside. He's not really liking it tho.