New cat tree

tinkermiss

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well tonight I went and bought a new cat tree for the cats. Problem with this one is that it only has a small Sisal leg. The old one had a small house part with 2 sisal legs attached. I kept the small house part for their toys since that's where they like to put them anyways. I figured they're better kept in there than all over the floor. But any ways I would like to reattach a sisal leg and level on the old tree to give extra scratching room. My poor Phoenix. The cats have always gotten in trouble for scratching the carpets so imagine that poor girl's confusion when the legs of the new tree are carpeted. I didn't think about that. Does anyone know where in Hamilton, ON you can buy replacement sisal legs?

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wonder if it's possible to re-wrap it with a new layer? That would be cheaper than buying a whole new one. Sorry I don't know where to find it, but I'd imagine pet supply shops and online pet shops might be a good starting point.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tinkermiss

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The reason I had to buy a new cat tree is because the old posts had broken. I was hoping to buy just one longer post that can be attached to a level on the cat house that way Phoenix has somewhere to scratch

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Are you carpenter-oriented? I am not. But I was wondering if there was a way that you could replace the leg somehow with a piece of wood, wrapped tightly with the sisal? Other than that, if you tree isn't too old, maybe you could go back to where you bought it and ask them for advice.

I'd be concerned, too, if Phoenix is used to sisal....I know my cats don't like change either. Molli loves to scratch on carpet; Tabby loves the sisal. Our tree has both, thank goodness.

tinkermiss

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Are you carpenter-oriented? I am not. But I was wondering if there was a way that you could replace the leg somehow with a piece of wood, wrapped tightly with the sisal? Other than that, if you tree isn't too old, maybe you could go back to where you bought it and ask them for advice.

I'd be concerned, too, if Phoenix is used to sisal....I know my cats don't like change either. Molli loves to scratch on carpet; Tabby loves the sisal. Our tree has both, thank goodness.
I am definitely NOT good with tools and stuff. BUT... my brother is. 

I was at pet valu today and saw the old tree. But being the dummy I am I completely forgot about asking. 

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 Bandit likes Carpet or Sisal....... he has a scratching post made out sisal though attached to his little house cube thing. (The tower we had had to be disposed of because it had pee all over it...... long story.

tinkermiss

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well I the called Petvalu and they have replacement parts for that tree. So off I go.