New Cat, Staying inside covered litter box!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jrsnyder101

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I say this as she is curled in my lap! :)
I am a late sleeper then lounge about a bit, she always comes right to me during these times, and when I go to bed. :)

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it sounds like you all are making great progress. It sounds like gradually Francesca is becoming more and more comfortable. Poor love has been through a lot to be in a shelter as a senior. It will take time but the fun part is being able to see the personality blossom as they start to feel really safe and loved. Keep doing what you are doing [emoji]128522[/emoji] and please keep us posted on how Francesca is getting along!

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just thinking that some Feliway might help Francesca adjust:

Basically, Feliway is a synthetic verision of a cat's "feel good" hormone. People use it for a variety of reasons and supporting a new cat in a new home is one of them. You can also purchase Feliway at most pet stores. If you do get some, I would suggest, plugging the diffuser in an outlet in her room.
I think it sounds like she is doing really well so don't feel that it is essential to get some Feliway but it might be beneficial so I thought I'd mention it [emoji]128522[/emoji]

jrsnyder101

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hmmm, think it was running pretty high, is there another form, generic, or a lower priced way to go?
Not skimping on my baby, just that things are a little tight right now

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let me look around.

As I said, I think it sounds like Francesca is adapting beautifully: she is sleeping with/on you and your husband, not staying in her box all the time etc. If you were not able to note any improvements, I would advocate harder for the Feliway but she's making progress. I think you should just keep it in your mental Rolodex in case things stop improving or she regresses, which I don't think will happen [emoji]128522[/emoji]

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Great to hear of Francesca progress! Guess she's getting warmed up with you guys and the surroundings. Hope her confidence will be built up more as the days go by.

jrsnyder101

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you, she's doing better every day. Slowly, gradually, but getting there. She is very lovey. :)

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Shower her with lots of [emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm pretty sure I missed your second week anniversary of having Miss Francesca but I wanted to offer my congratulations [emoji]127881[/emoji] [emoji]128571[/emoji] And see how you all are doing? I hope you are continuing to see baby steps in how Francesca seems to be adapting [emoji]10084[/emoji]️

Last edited:

jrsnyder101

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Francesca is making progress. Very slowly, very quietly.
She still spends most of her time in her covered litter box ( I did make her a cardboard box with an old t-shirt, and bought her a cozy covered bed, she pays no attention to either)
But she is spending more and more time snuggled up to me, and she eats great!
None of the spunky stuff, she lounges, like me. :)
I love my Francesca. Thanks for asking about her.

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Great to hear about the progress Francesca is making. Good thst she is snuggling up to you. She is gaining confidence.
Keep us posted.

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Francesca is making progress. Very slowly, very quietly.
She still spends most of her time in her covered litter box ( I did make her a cardboard box with an old t-shirt, and bought her a cozy covered bed, she pays no attention to either)
But she is spending more and more time snuggled up to me, and she eats great!
None of the spunky stuff, she lounges, like me. :)
I love my Francesca. Thanks for asking about her.
Oh I'm so glad to hear she is doing so well. My Kitty always ignores new toys and beds at first. She takes her time in exploring them [emoji]128580[/emoji] Sounds like Francesca is the same way. I bet she will start using her new bed and box soon.

jrsnyder101

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just took this! Its in the living room, high traffic area!
Hubby is out of town for few days, she and I are getting to know each other, nice and quiet
She has now been curled up asleep in there for quite awhile! I think she likes it!

Last edited:

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Francesca has been with us 3 weeks today! She's doing better every day! ! Just love my babygirl! XOXO
That's so funny...I was thinking of you and Miss Francesca earlier and wondering how things were going. I'm so happy to hear the update...what a beautiful girl you have there [emoji]10084[/emoji]️