New born kittens Somehow have fleas..help!!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You would need a kitchen scale from Walmart to weigh them. Scales are not expensive.

Why is mama cat moving the babies every night, and where is she moving them?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tyler marie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay cool.

I'm not sure she moves them all the time. From under my bed to a cat carrier to a box behind my dresser . 

They are somewhere different every morning.. in one of those three places.

She keeps them in the same room though. It is weird!

catamountgurl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
In regards to the kitten with the crusty eye you may want to have a vet check it for feline herpes (sounds worse than it really is). My last 2 kittens that were abandoned by their mamas have this. For the first kitten just gave kitten lysine supplement added to knee then I discovered goats milk that naturally has the lysine. It works great. Feline herpes is an upper respiratory infection and needs treatment if infected. My kits will always have it but similar to herpes in humans it only flares in stressful situations and is very easy to handle. Just wanted you to know that possibility

tyler marie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you. i have never heard of it

tyler marie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They are precious! Have you been weighing the runts to make sure they are gaining enough?

tyler marie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The kitten with red looking eyes seems to be changing to blue now by the way!

tyler marie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They are precious! Have you been weighing the runts to make sure they are gaining enough?
I didn't start off with a scale. I am going to be getting one tomorrow though. So i haven't yet weighed them but i will be starting soon! Thereally  little guy seems to have really grown in the past two days! Maybe he'll catch up?

tyler marie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have yet another  question. 

The runts fur seems to be changing color

He was pure white. Now he seems to be turning grey???

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It happens when he inherits certain genes. He looks part-Siamese. They begin to change colors slowly after birth.

Are mama cat's nipples okay? They look red and possibly irritated in the picture.

tyler marie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It happens when he inherits certain genes. He looks part-Siamese. They begin to change colors slowly after birth.

Are mama cat's nipples okay? They look red and possibly irritated in the picture.
Yes they are normal now .. well normal for a nursing mother. That was right after she gave birth. 

I think i am keeping him ..Hes my favorite. Not sure if it is because i was so worried about him not living or what but i've become attached to him more than the others. But thankfully They all have homes but him.. and now he does. 

At what stage can momma cat get spayed? I want to do that ASAP

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes they are normal now .. well normal for a nursing mother. That was right after she gave birth. 

I think i am keeping him ..Hes my favorite. Not sure if it is because i was so worried about him not living or what but i've become attached to him more than the others. But thankfully They all have homes but him.. and now he does. 

tyler marie tyler marie

Momma cat can be spayed when the kittens are 8 weeks old and the kittens can be spayed/neutered any time after they weigh 2 pounds.

Last edited:

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Please do weigh them and let us know. They look like they are doing well!

Yes, mom can be spayed at 8 weeks. Do all the new homes plan to spay and neuter too?

tyler marie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Please do weigh them and let us know. They look like they are doing well!

Yes, mom can be spayed at 8 weeks. Do all the new homes plan to spay and neuter too?
 Okay. And they seem to be doing very well

Yes they do plan to get them fixed. im being very picky with their homes!

tyler marie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

I'm sure!  What are you using for criteria?
My Dads girlfirend.. Her mom.. shes been raising kittens for years. Also its kinda obvious right now that they are good