New baby kitten

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree that getting her pregnant would not be a good idea, and also dangerous. Cats don't usually like change, so travel to a new house would be very stressful for her. Also, she is young, so having a pregnancy at all is risky. Having a litter with her brother could have terrible consequences.

She needs to be spayed as soon as possible, especially if she is spending any time outside.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Columbine Columbine and talkingpeanut talkingpeanut are correct. It is extremely likely that if she goes into heat she will get pregnant, and any unneutered tom cat can and will do the job, including her brother. And there's a reason we have laws against incest among humans; it's extremely bad for the children.

This is the reason so many purebred cats and dogs have physical problems, a lot of inbreeding is required to create and maintain a new breed.

Please get her spayed before she goes into heat. She's old enough and there are low cost spay and neuter clinics available. She may not like having surgery (who would?), but she'll recover quickly; she'll have a longer, happier, healthier life; and you won't have to find homes for kittens.

Margret

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catgirl28

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Okay I will get her spayed thank you all soo much
Also before I used to feed her half of a food pouch which is 50g
A whole pouch is 100g
But it's been a week or more I'm being feeding her a whole pouch which is 100g is that okay. she doesn't really eat it
She eats a bit then goes away then eats again and carry's on doing that
Should i continue feeding her that mug

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Generally the rule with kittens is to feed to appetite. She's still a growing girl ;) I would think 100g a day is fine for now. If she's not eating it all at once, you might want to give her smaller, more frequent meals. That way it's always fresh for her.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Smaller, more frequent would be fresher for her, but she may not like it cold (just out of the refrigerator).  Jasmine gets one can of wet food per day; half in the morning and half at night, and I put the second half on her saucer and microwave it for a few seconds before I give it to her.

Even so, she almost never eats a serving all at once.  She has a few bites, and then comes back to it all day (or night) long, whenever she feels like a snack.

People talk about how much cats love routine.  When it comes to food, they may decide that there's only one brand they'll eat, and starve themselves if you give them the "wrong" kind (Jasmine did that when her preferred brand had a name change and I didn't realize what the new name was), but as far as meal times are concerned all they really care about is that they're frequent.  The exact time isn't that important to them.  This is because they evolved as predators, who can eat only when the opportunity presents itself.

With a kitten, you definitely want to make sure she's fed as frequently as she wants to be.  She's still a bit fragile.  The kind of thing Jasmine went through, where she was getting no wet food at all because she didn't like the kind I was feeding her, would kill a kitten.  It didn't kill Jasmine, but if it had continued much longer than it did it very well might have.

Margret

catgirl28

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I feed her the whisks brand and that is the brand she prefers the best but she will eat others
I feed her 100g . 3 times a day
And throughout the day she always has her dry kitten food in a bowl

catgirl28

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My kitten is acting weird
It's like if u have a catnip toy around her she goes crazy turning around it and turning upside down
But without catnip
She just does it for no reason

catgirl28

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just read back to this thread
So if a cat is in the sun and stay their and turns around being happy
Does it mean anything because she keep on meowing and she still continuin

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your cat is probably in heat.  Do not let her outside at all and get her spayed as soon as possible.

catgirl28

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What does the hear mean

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is in heat. Hormones are very high in her body and telling her to find a mate. She is very uncomfortable. Do not let her outside because it is very easy for her to get pregnant at this time.

She needs to be spayed.

catgirl28

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the information
I will get her spayed this week

catgirl28

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
For some reason tiger has been vomiting she vomited on Tuesday and Wednesday and before that a buchan of times . And she being to picky for food she not eating food that I would normally give her

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you get her spayed?

It sounds like she needs to see a vet if she's vomiting that often.

catgirl28

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No they were extremely busy last week
So I will try this week propel on monday

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can probably make an appointment in advance even if they are busy. Is she still vomiting? If so, you need to say it is urgent.

catgirl28

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Gladly she isn't vomiting anymore
But I'm going to be taking tiger into another vet instead of waiting .also that vet is much cheaper than the usual one we go to

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You should ask the vet if they can do the pre-spay work up. She still needs to be spayed as soon as possible.