New addition?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

peer jones

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wife and I went to Britain for 2 weeks (she was working, I visited family and friends
)

We got back last night.

Kat-Kat seems really stressed out

OK with Pauli (sharing food bowls) but was growling at me tonight after feeding.

He wanted out real bad.

I can notice Pauli has gotten bigger and less crazy, also gotten darker, more a champagne colour (still with tabby tail though)

I'll get some pics tomorrow

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The siamese kitties will darken and come into their coat color more as they age. My Pipsqueak is a red flamepoint and didn't really get his true coloring until he was almost two!!!

Sounds like a great trip! The cats are very funny about us going away and two weeks is a long time for them. I am sure that in a few days time they will forgive you!!! :lol3: I think they are playing with you, again and laying on a guilt trip. :lol:

peer jones

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Your totally right

They are playing again 

Yesterday, Kat-Kat followed me around the garden like a puppy wanting to be fussed then came bounding in to be fed and nap in the freezer bag

Pauli is in and out all the time but she's 'washing' my fingers plus back to sleeping on my feet (purring like crazy until she falls asleep
)

peer jones

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

three cat night

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Loving this ongoing saga, so adorable ! I have a new addition too, a 4 month old orange tabby named Stevie. The wonder. Cat. He has one thing only on his mind and that is : ATTACK the two 8 yr old cats and make them freak out! He just cannot stop his litlle kitten antics and the other two are trying their best to avoid him (not working) . It s not easy to integrate all male cats, but a young female to an established male ( Kat Kit). Is a process for sure, at least in my experience. Love your photos!

peer jones

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I can only say 'good luck' integrating kitten with older cats.

I think Pauli is accepted outside the house and inside is OK when feeding but Kat-Kat is even hissing at me when he's eaten and wants out.

I think I'll have to take him for a check up, although he seems OK he may need another steroid shot?

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Just rediscovered this thread and it reminded me that I bought a very cute little white mouse at Ikea too..   I didn't buy it for the cats but to put in my 'kid's play things' box.

The cats went mad when they saw it.  I put it up on a high shelf in what I thought was a hidden position, but I found it in a less-than-kids-plaything condition the next day. 

peer jones

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Pauli has hidden one mouse somewhere, the 'rat' she throws around.
I don't know if they were designed as cat toys but she loves them:lol3:

peer jones

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was out in back yard the other morning and heard a commotion in tree, thought it was a squirrel, but, it was Pauli 'playing squirrel.

By the time I got camera, she had come back down (head first again, I think she must be part squirrel
She did 'pose' afterwards though

Flash (Kat-Kat) is still weird, he's OK when she comes in and gets her head in his food bowl, hisses and spits if she follows him outside, except when they get into yard, then he want's to play, he was rolling around and jumping about the other evening with her

Last edited:

peer jones

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Nothing new to report, Kat-Kat still hisses and growls after he's been fed but does seem a bit more relaxed as soon as he's outside.

He came and sniffed Pauli yesterday evening then they started playing.

We had bunch of relatives over and he came to see who was there (very unusual, he usually hides from people)

Seems to be pretty happy today.

Pauli is out stalking something and totally oblivious to being called, etc she's 'on a mission'

peer jones

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Kat-Kat has hurt himself somewhere along the holiday, limping around pretty bad and obviously in pain

His right front paw is pretty swollen but I can't find anything obviously wrong.

Not sure if cold weather is affecting joints as it's the paw he had surgery on 2 yrs ago

Got vet appointment Wednesday, they are closed for holidays Mon/Tue.

Got estimate, it's going to be minimum $100.00 as he needs some shots as well (I knew about them and have been trying to save some cash)

I would take him to emergency vet but I really cant afford it (been unemployed 18months, COBRA runs out tomorrow and I need to come up with $600.00 a month for my medical insurance, I have a 30lbs weight lifting limit because of back injury so no one will employ me
)

Anyone have idea of painkiller I could give him until then?

I've found out Aspirin is poisonous to cats, any readily available stuff I may already have? (I have some hydrocodone from surgery earlier in year but I think that's in same category as aspirin?)

Thanks for any help

whaler

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i would not give him hydrocodone. you could try giving him fish oil and vitamin e in small amounts - use both in combination, as the use of fish oil will increase the need for the vitamin. also, use natural oils such as cod liver oil or salmon. you could also try MSM, SAM-e, glucosamine and chondroitin.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kat-Kat has hurt himself somewhere along the holiday, limping around pretty bad and obviously in pain
His right front paw is pretty swollen but I can't find anything obviously wrong.
Not sure if cold weather is affecting joints as it's the paw he had surgery on 2 yrs ago
Got vet appointment Wednesday, they are closed for holidays Mon/Tue.
 Got estimate, it's going to be minimum $100.00 as he needs some shots as well (I knew about them and have been trying to save some cash)
I would take him to emergency vet but I really cant afford it (been unemployed 18months, COBRA runs out tomorrow and I need to come up with $600.00 a month for my medical insurance, I have a 30lbs weight lifting limit because of back injury so no one will employ me :argh: )
 Anyone have idea of painkiller I could give him until then?
I've found out Aspirin is poisonous to cats, any readily available stuff I may already have? (I have some hydrocodone from surgery earlier in year but I think that's in same category as aspirin?)
 Thanks for any help
Hydrocodone contains Tylenol which is deadly to cats. Never give any human pain medicine to cats.

Keep him quiet, massage him gently from head to toes to help him stay flexible and increase circulation, and give him a nice warm spot to sleep.

Watch his appetite and litter box habits carefully.

peer jones

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
His appetite is fine, He's a mostly outdoor cat and just will not stay indoors.

He slept for a while this morning,  I tried to put him in little box but he jumped out and started growling until I opened back door.

He went out and sat in the sun, didn't seem too interested in going anywhere, just wanted out.

He limped off while I wasn't looking and has probably hidden somewhere.

I know he'll be back when he feels like it or gets hungry

Kat-Kat has never been really sociable, only time he's actually come and sat ON me was after I had surgery (sometimes he will sleep near or between my ankles if I have 'lazyboy' footrest up )

peer jones

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Took Kat-Kat to vets yesterday.

He's fine.

Had 3 different shots plus has antibiotics for next week.

Stopped liming already and running around as usual.

Still growling at Pauli when in the house but seems fine outside

peer jones

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I guess Kat-Kat is feeling better.

He's definitely more friendly today

Came in to eat earlier then glared at me until I put front of Lazyboy up for him

Now he's crashed out, flash didn't disturb him in the slightest

bastfriend

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What a wonderful thread....thanks so much for sharing Kat-Kat and Pauli with us!

peer jones

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Well,camera flash didn't disturb him but Pauli jumped up and freaked him completely.

He 'attacked' her (bit over dramatic, swatted her but didn't have claws out.)

He was real annoyed, hissing and growling, didn't actually move much though and went back to cat napping

Pauli picked a different chair to groom on.

He did keep growling for quite a while, even at me

Pauli woke me up this morning, licking my nose eyelids and ears, boy she has a real rough tongue, purring like crazy, real loud

She's still trying to suckle on my fingers, I'm seriously thinking of getting a kitten feeding bottle for her, she's such a happy little cat

I guess she thinks I'm a real big kitten

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
at the 'bit over dramatic' comment.  I think any cat would be mortified to be labelled that way!

I'm really enjoying hearing about your kitties. 

BTW, my boy adores being 'dropper-fed' his probiotic mix.. just like a baby, he lies on his back and sucks it up.