Never try to....

cabbie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
do an emergency sewing job on the kitchen table.... no sooner I had set up I swear my cats have " thread radar" the two of them were up on the table in a flash trying to "help" me do the repair LOL

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How true! When I crosstitch, Joji is immediately by my side, making sure the DMC threads are properly lubricated with her drool.

sweets

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My boys love helping me sew by hand. They insist that the thread is attacking the fabric and must be killed! Pipsqueek also says the fabric hanging off the table while using the machine must be subdued. So anything fragile like silk is kept very safely in the middle of the table!

nora

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Max goes nuts when I floss my teeth. He loves string of any kind and he will jump up on the bathroom sink and try to snatch it from me.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally posted by yayi
How true! When I crosstitch, Joji is immediately by my side, making sure the DMC threads are properly lubricated with her drool.
Can I borrow Joji for a while? You do realize that if you wet the DMC thread before you thread the needle, it lays flatter on the fabric? I always wet the entire length of thread when I cross-stitch. I knew there had to be an easier way to do it!!

Yes I sew occassionally and it is always great fun(?) with my babies!!

a_loveless_gem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm...it's safe, I can finally finish my cross-stich.

**Sneaks out uncompleted cross-stitch.**

BAM! CRASH! THUD!

Well, I guess it can wait.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally posted by Momofmany
Can I borrow Joji for a while? You do realize that if you wet the DMC thread before you thread the needle, it lays flatter on the fabric? I always wet the entire length of thread when I cross-stitch. I knew there had to be an easier way to do it!!

Yes I sew occassionally and it is always great fun(?) with my babies!!
Actually, Amy, it isn't a very good idea. Once the thread with cat's drool has dried it is hard and a little smelly. I have to wash it with mild soap before being able to use it.

To appease Joji though, I give her the leftover DMC's. However, she seems to know the difference and ALWAYS manages to get hold of the new thread.