Question of the Day, Saturday, May 18

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Happy Weekend! We finally got a few peaks of sun late this afternoon.

As a side for your main dish, would you prefer: vegetables, salad, a starch like potatoes, noodles, rice?

I love potatoes, but cannot eat them anymore due to the potassium. So I'm eating white rice as a side (can't even have brown rice, which I also love). I'd probably choose a good salad with my own dressing.

What about you?

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Depends what's in the side, really. Potatoes are my favourite. I like salads as long as they're not drowned in mayonnaise. Cooked vegetables are fine but if I never see another plate laden with boiled pumpkin and/or carrot it'll be too soon.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not fussy- I'll eat almost anything as a side. Michele will make slow-roasted beef with gravy on a bed of rice, and that's good, or pan-fried potatoes, sometimes we'll have a salad; sometimes carrots or peas, or green beans are the side. All will pass muster.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always try to keep a balanced diet and include veggies and salad along with a starch/carb...but I gotta go with a starch. I absolutely love rice! Pasta and potatoes (depending on how they are prepared) are tied for second. I could seriously eat rice everyday....yum! Carbs are my friends and I will never abandon them! :lol:

catdaddy38

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I like a good side salad but I don't like tomato or purple onions or white onions...so I'm kind of picky about my salads lol. I also prefer spinach over lettuce and so does my tummy.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I could probably live without the carbs,so I guess I'm lucky to love veggies and salad.Either one would do quite nicely.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It depends. I like almost everything. My DH generally won’t eat rice, potatoes OR pasta; so I seem to go through spurts where I choose one I’ve not had in a while and feel like a kid in a candy shop with it. We always have a vegetable too. So i guess the thing I’m looking for most is my carb!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Definitely veggies or a salad. I've been sautéing veggies and adding them to my salad lately. 🥗

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like any starch potatoes, noodles it really doesn't matter but I try to limit those.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am happy with most any sides. If I am having Chinese, I most definitely want white rice. If I eat out, I usually opt for a baked potato and a salad.