Never have I ever

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 453593

This one is a bit different than others and I apparently lead a boring life. :lol:

13 points, maybe 14.
I get 12.

Hmm. Remember in particular my one ride on a roller coaster. Like it was yesterday. Ah, the good old days!

Back in Cleveland at Euclid Beach Park, which had the Villa Angela Convent right next door (only in Cleveland, right?) and I was about 8 and Daddy and baby brother and me were at the amusement park and Mommy wasn't with us, and Daddy said go ride on the coaster, baby brother was too little, so Daddy held his hand and I got on, held in place by those bars, and I was right behind what appeared to be a bunch of nuns from the convent. "Yak yak yak yak" they went, "Har har har" "shriek" "Giggle" (so much for vows of silence!) Baby brother waved as we departed.

Higher and higher we go (crinkety crinkety crinkety crinkety went the chain drive to the top) and the nuns chattered and then OVER THE BRINK WE WENT, and the nuns held up their hands and screamed and one's habit flapped in my face (the headdress part) and oh dear God I was terrified my stomach was at the top of the high part, then another and another up and down and up and down again and again and the nuns screamed, and shrieked and hee hee hee hee'd and I was ready to vomit.

We finally were able to disembark and the nuns laughed and shrieked and walked off in a little crowd like a gaggle of excited geese and I bent over at the waist and barfed - ooooogah - right there on the place where you disembarked, and Daddy said, "maybe a bit more excitement than you bargained for son?" and I nodded.

Last edited:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
17 I believe. I've been to Disney World, but never Disneyland and I've been on public access TV because they'd broadcast our high school band concerts, so I guess that counts too.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I get 12.

Hmm. Remember in particular my one ride on a roller coaster. Like it was yesterday. Ah, the good old days!

Back in Cleveland at Euclid Beach Park, which had the Villa Angela Convent right next door (only in Cleveland, right?) and I was about 8 and Daddy and baby brother and me were at the amusement park and Mommy wasn't with us, and Daddy said go ride on the coaster, baby brother was too little, so Daddy held his hand and I got on, held in place by those bars, and I was right behind what appeared to be a bunch of nuns from the convent. "Yak yak yak yak" they went, "Har har har" "shriek" "Giggle" (so much for vows of silence!) Baby brother waved as we departed.

Higher and higher we go (crinkety crinkety crinkety crinkety went the chain drive to the top) and the nuns chattered and then OVER THE BRINK WE WENT, and the nuns held up their hands and screamed and one's habit flapped in my face (the headdress part) and oh dear God I was terrified my stomach was at the top of the high part, then another and another up and down and up and down again and again and the nuns screamed, and shrieked and hee hee hee hee'd and I was ready to vomit.

We finally were able to disembark and the nuns laughed and shrieked and walked off in a little crowd like a gaggle of excited geese and I bent over at the waist and barfed - ooooogah - right there on the place where you disembarked, and Daddy said, "maybe a bit more excitement than you bargained for son?" and I nodded.
Ooh, not a great experience but your descriptions of how it all played out had me laughing!
I wonder if Euclid Beach Park was anywhere near the Euclid Square mall? Every year or two, we would go shopping there at Christmas time just to enjoy the mall. Sad that it was demolished years ago.
When I went to Cedar Point 20 years ago or so, I was considering riding the Millenium Force. It was brand new then. I watched someone get off the roller coaster, walk over to some bushes, and begin heaving. Nope. I never rode it.

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooh, not a great experience but your descriptions of how it all played out had me laughing!
I wonder if Euclid Beach Park was anywhere near the Euclid Square mall? Every year or two, we would go shopping there at Christmas time just to enjoy the mall. Sad that it was demolished years ago.
When I went to Cedar Point 20 years ago or so, I was considering riding the Millenium Force. It was brand new then. I watched someone get off the roller coaster, walk over to some bushes, and begin heaving. Nope. I never rode it.
I lived right up the street from Euclid Square mall on East 260th, and was all excited when it was built in 1977. Euclid Beach Park was on the lake shore, on Lake Shore Boulevard about 5 miles or so to the west.

My visit to Euclid Beach was a couple or three years before it closed in 1969.

Here's the gateway arch. The buildings in the background are senior citizen apartments, I think.

1688603408596.jpeg

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I lived right up the street from Euclid Square mall on East 260th, and was all excited when it was built in 1977. Euclid Beach Park was on the lake shore, on Lake Shore Boulevard about 5 miles or so to the west.

My visit to Euclid Beach was a couple or three years before it closed in 1969.

Here's the gateway arch. The buildings in the background are senior citizen apartments, I think.

View attachment 454052
Ahh, I haven't been to Cleveland in 20 years! I bet so much has changed I'd get lost. I was at Avon Lake years ago. Those lake shore towns make me wish I never had to leave.