Neko atsume

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been playing since yesterday. I really want the room expansion. Who has spent actual money to buy fish?

marcusmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My kitties get upset when I give them a new yard to play in. It takes them a few days to start giving me gold fish again. Silver fish I get all the time.

mommawolf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
MOD NOTE:  The following has been merged from another thread to keep it all together.
This is a pretty cute app game that you folks may love. It's called "Neko Atsume" which roughly translates to Cat Collect, but in English, it's called Kitty Collector, or Neko Atsume: Kitty Collector. The goal of the game is to put toys and food in your yard to lure cats, and you can take pictures of them with the camera to catalog them in your cat book. Special cats, called 'rare cats' show up when their favorite toys or food are in your yard. However, getting the cats to show up and catching them to take a picture, is not the 'end game'. Once a cat shows up enough times, they start trust and love you more, eventually enough to give you a Memento. Each cat, even rare cats give mementoes, it's just a matter of making your yard appealing and comfortable enough and for long enough, that they will give you one.

It's pretty cute, the cats have super cute poses, and many objects and toys have multiple poses for multiple cats. It's not a game you have to brood over or grind through, and it doesn't constantly connect to the internet, or really at all unless you make a transaction. It's just a game you check in the morning or evening or whenever you happen to look at your device. It sure has brought me loads of amusement!

I don't want to overload you folks with screenshots, but here's a few cute ones. Let me know if you play it already or plan to! I'd love to know what you think of it!

Last edited by a moderator:

marcusmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
@jenny82
You put out carrots items and food, and the rare cats will come. Like the pyramid to get the Pharoah cat, or the baseball is to get "Joe demeowgio". I Googled the app, it's very popular. Lots of info.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh thanks!! Does it have to be a certain pyramid? I have one of the pyramids but I haven't seen that kitty!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I just downloaded this the other day. It must take forever to get enough gold fish for the expansion!

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It only took me a couple weeks to get the expansion. Not too bad!

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I got a lot of gold.. too bad there's no way to send some to you guys.

THe game is cute, but I got bored of it fast. 

been playing MeowMeow acres though. more interactive

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My baby girl plays this game and loves it. I keep saying I'm going to start but I hardly have time working two jobs and being a full time mom.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I got a lot of gold.. too bad there's no way to send some to you guys.

THe game is cute, but I got bored of it fast. 

been playing MeowMeow acres though. more interactive
Isn't Meow Meow Star Acres the best?? I'm at level 166. 

When you get to the level where you can visit other islands, mine is called Kittyland 

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Am I supposed to keep taking pictures of the cats? What is the purpose?