Neighbour's Cat Scare Mine- Possibly Aggressive?

LoserAndTheCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Our cat is still quite tiny, and not even a year old. The neighbour's cat, literally double our cat's size, is a very curious and sweet cat as far as I can tell but she has hissed at me before. These two either hate each other, or my cat is just very afraid of the other one and starts hissing, which in turn makes the other start hissing. I don't know how to make it stop, and it's a huge source of anxiety as our cat has come home with a cut on her stomach after what sounded like a fight with the other cat.
The neighbour's cat has also entered our house more than once, but once she's out our cat doesn't care about the others kitty's smell or anything. I'm not sure what any of this means or how to deal with it.
I assumed cat behaviour was the best way to go as their behaviours towards each other are a mystery to me. Should we just force our cat to stay indoors at all times? She only stays in our garden and she's quite territorial, but the other cat's an outdoor cat as she spends most of her life walking around the neighbourhood.
I'm very confused as to what I should do at this point.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would try to find out if the neighbor cat is spayed. If she is already spayed, I don't know what else you could do besides keep your girl inside. If she was your cat, you could try to introduce them with a gate, but since she's not yours, that's hard to do.