Neighbor's senior kitty

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is brilliant, that you have got involved and that the rescue is able to take both boys. But how anyone can just leave two cats in the care of people who were not 100% reliable is beyond me.As they are senior cats, what are the chances of them finding homes?

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh I'm so glad! I know being Srs in a shelter isn't easy, but it's better than being cold and hungry!

it all comes together for Thursday - and for the boys thereafter.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ricky and Merlin were reunited last night when the latter was dropped off at my house. I'll be taking them to the rescue after work today. Merlin is gorgeous - a fluffy, soft, shiny solid black boy. And he's so sweet - just loves attention.
He was a little stressed last night and this morning - understandable under the circumstance. He and Ricky seemed very happy to see each other, though.

Their age does present a challenge regarding adoption but, on the plus side, the boys have looks and personality working in their favor. The rescue has found that big, fluffy cats tend to be very adoptable. Both are also front declawed, which is a plus for some potential adopters.

Will try to take a few pics before taking them to the rescue.

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We need a lot more people like you and a lot less of those types of ##**@@#!!
You saved Ricky from a tragic ending--alone, and helpless out in the elements!! THANK YOU!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I posted about this in Cat SOS, but wanted to post and update here too. Merlin went to his new home yesterday afternoon wtih the family member of a longtime volunteer at the rescue.

That leaves Ricky (known as "the Godfather) by the volunteers. We would have liked to have seen the boys go to a home together, but they're not that closely bonded so it's not a big deal. We're just filled that a sweet senior kitty found a home!

Please send vibes that Ricky's turn come soon. Thanks!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just reading this thread now!!! Whoooo!!!

Evil happens when good people do nothing.

So bless you, Sister Mary Catnip, for stepping in!