Need to vent.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Tania, you are an absolute ANGEL for taking these babies and taking such good care of them!!!
I can't believe how incompetent that vet nurse was!
I LOVE the names you gave them!!!! I will have to go look at their pics!!! *hugs*

cilla

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tania they are gorgeous, they have grown already I'm sure. Stripey is a beaut.
It must be a fabulous feeling to nurse a kittie to be healthy enough to find a permanent home.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kumbulu

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cilla, it really is - that's what keeps me going. To be honest, it is sometimes very tiring and heartbreaking work but there's nothing better than having a healthy, loving, purring kitten, ready to go to their new home, that 8 weeks before, had come to you as a tiny, fragile, newborn who's survival was in the balance.

coco maui

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kumbulu

Ginger, amazingly, I haven't had much trouble finding homes for the kittens. I've had over 50 just this season and I think word has spread about what great cats hand-reared kittens grow into. There is also a vet nearby who has a cat rehoming service. It's basically a small no-kill organisation where they choose which cats/kittens they accept and rehome. I have an arrangement with them to take any kittens I can't find homes for. They don't take many kittens because the one other (kill) shelter in Perth is full of kittens during kitten season but will accept kittens from me as they're always healthy and find homes quickly.
That is a great arrangement you have! I wish I had a local animal shelter who would set up something like that with me. I am just having trouble taking that step into rescue work. It would be much easier if I had one of you guys from TCS living local and could show me the ropes in person

Anyways, keep up the good work. You are truly a kitten angel