Need To Re Home Pens, Pencils And Straws

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So before we brought our newest addition in, pens, pencils and straws lived a happy life.
The straws were un-bothered and re-used. The pens and pencils were kept in a nice, neat little container on my desk.
But now this little one has decided straws, pens, and pencils are objects in which to be murdered, and no straw, pen or pencil is safe.
Can anyone provide a loving home for these items? I don't want to re home them but I know they're not happy here and spend a lot of time crated (straws in a cat proof drawer, pens and pencils in a cat proof desk drawer). They're house broke, but the straw has some urinary incontinence issues and will sometimes leak if you pull it out of a beverage.
The pens and pencils don't leak at all and don't even eat. I think they're traumatized by her teeth marks.

:D
(I'm just being stupid!)

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you are being really hasty. It often takes pens, pencils, and even straws a long time to acclimate to teeth. I think you should try a slow integration, start drawing with the pencil on the other side of a door, and let her get used to the sound. Then you can try feeding the pen ink at the same time.

Have you tried honey boba tapioca balls for the straw? That seems to clog incontinence up in a frustratingly permanent way.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No, I'm old school =(
I prefer the classic non-pointed to the pointed. It just seems Pencils should be allowed to stay in their natural state as long as possible. For developmental purposes. I find the mechanical breed has its purposes; but I prefer sticking closer to what nature intended when it comes to crosswords.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
They were doing a "meet the breed" at an office supply store, I fell in love and got 24 for $3.99!
Oh, no. Not an office supply store. Those places are nothing but pen mills. I hope they’re all healthy...despite a few tooth marks.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to keep my pastel pencils locked up in a metal crate. I'm still doing the slow introduction of those with my cat. I've tried twice to bring the two together but it just results in tussling, scratching and a rainbow of colors all over the tabletop.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Olive has not been integrating with the ballpoint black pen that I rescued from work. She knocks it down from any high places, and it doesn’t fight back. I understand how hard these things are :(