need suggestions till Monday

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just have to add my congratulations -- bless the Toeman, his vet, and his devoted mama, too. And I know how good it feels when you find a vet you really, truly trust. So happy for all of you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can tell Toe doesn't feel too good. He keeps tring to urinate. I am keeping a close eye on him. It's not like before. I am just worried. He keeps sitting in the litter box "trying".. He has been urinating ... He is probably just irritated from the cath.... I hope so. I read something on this site about a cat who got re-blocked an hr after having his cath removed. They even mentioned at the vet that you feel like you have to urinate a lot after having a cath removed.

It really worries me. He is resting right now... I am staying close to him tonight so I can monitor him.

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have him in a crate right now with more SD.... I'm feeding the others right now too......

My little toe man is doing the best that he can in kitty man land.....

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fingers crossed it is just the irritation, and nothing more serious. Is he drinking a lot? If not, I would try and syringe some fluids into him, if he is on prescription dry, it is important he keeps his water intake up to help it get through his system or it will cause a prob again.

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am feeding him wet and dry. He has had dry once and wet twice since coming home. He has tried to tinkle 4-5 times and actually tinkled 3-4....

I hope it's irritation too.. Fixig to go to bed and tuck Toe in with me.

Nite,
jenn

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcribbs

I am feeding him wet and dry. He has had dry once and wet twice since coming home. He has tried to tinkle 4-5 times and actually tinkled 3-4....

I hope it's irritation too.. Fixig to go to bed and tuck Toe in with me.

Nite,
jenn
I don't know, but common sense would tell me that his little body just hasta get used to doing it again, he hasn't done it in a week.

I think when people have surgery the same thing kinda happens.

I hope he continues to recover

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LSULOVER

I think when people have surgery the same thing kinda happens.
You're right, they do.
My Mom was very ill at one time and she had a cath. after it was removed she had a problem for a few days.
I don't see why it wouldn't be the same for animals.

I'm still keeping Toe in my prayers.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well at least he was able to tinkle and go home with Jenn and Juan, I am sure he will be back to normal in no time.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by booktigger

Fingers crossed it is just the irritation, and nothing more serious. Is he drinking a lot? If not, I would try and syringe some fluids into him, if he is on prescription dry, it is important he keeps his water intake up to help it get through his system or it will cause a prob again.
You might want to call your vet and ask about syringing fluids.
Toe needs to flush his kidneys, bladder and urethra so they can heal.

You are doing an excellent job Jenn.

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
HI Xo........

Toe seems fine this morning. Juan let me sleep in this morning and when I woke he had already fed toe and all the animlas... Toe ate like a horse this morning. And he is drinking good...

I'm thinking it was just irritation. Toe got out of bed early early morning as well and spent about 3 hrs in the enclosure in his tent. [I think 3 hrs] He went out at aound 2am. I got a flashlight and went and looked at him and talked to him. Juan said to just leave him be that he would be fine. It was hard to sleep last night. But this morning Juan said Toe was sitting on the bed...

I'm going to keep an eye on his drinking just to be sure...

Also one other benefit of NOT FREE FEEDING is that hopefully JJ will lose some weight. He is a real porker and needs to drop at least 4-5 lbs. He keeps getting bigger and bigger and it is hard on him with three legs.

Jenn

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww JJ...are you a porker sweetie pie.

Has Toe been peeing OK?
The fact that your miracle boy has an appetite is a really good sign.

I hope that things calm down for you now Jenn.

You came through for your furfamily like a champ.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope this finds Toe-Man feeling a lot better today, I am hoping he will be back to his old self pretty soon.

Still sending you prayers and hugs from Mississippi for you, Juan, and Toe Man.

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Toe is doing good this morning. He is already in to the routine of the feeding crate. When I got up, he ran to the crate waiting. As soon as I put his bowl inside, he dashes in. I have to keep the young cats back because they also try to enter the crate. They want his SD.....

I have also quit feeding in the enclosure. Fetus, Felix and Jimmy are all coming inside to eat now which is good. I never wanted to keep food in the enclosure when we first built it. I had to because some of the cats would NOT come in the house yet. Since they all come in now, the food out there is history. This spring I don't have to worry about ants from food in their area.. Yeah!!!

While Toe is eating, I feed all the others. I have two [sometimes 3] mass feedings a day.... Dont' you just love the words "mass feeding"....hehe

I watched him poop and tinkle this morning... and he doesn't appear to be straining as much so I am starting to relax a little...... I woke this morning and Toe was laying in the middle of my chest.....

He's going to be ok.... It's just going to be a slow recovery process to get him back to normal. His energy level is still low but he has bright eyes so I know he is doing good.

FYI--I have two bowls in the crate. One has hard kibbles of SD and the other is the soft food. Toe definately prefers the soft. He has hardly touched the hard food. So I am glad I bought 6 cans... It takes him three feedings [maybe 4] to eat a whole can. He eats small frequent meals thoughout the day... I put initially a half a can down and eats 1/2 of that. He doesn't eat an entire can throughout the day. He eats good but he doesn't eat as much as he used to. It's probably due to still not being up to par and also maybe less of the Science diet is satisfying him. I put him leftovers in a baggie in the fridge. But it is taking him at least two days to eat one can of food.

Jenn

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jenn...you should have been a nurse.

I always add an extra 2 teaspoons of filtered water to Dexter and Sadie's wet food.
It makes a kind of gravy and they love it.
The more water that Toe drinks the better.
I would try this with all the kitties.
Keeping them well hydrated is critical to their kidney's heath.

I am so glad that your boy is improving.

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jenn,

I'm so glad to hear that Toe is doing so well.
See, miracles do happen.

The day you left to take him to the Vet I was so scared and worried for you and for Toe...I can't imagine how hard it was for you.

Now to read just how much he's recovered makes me so happy, for him, you and Juan.

He's a handsome little guy and he has wonderful parents in you and Juan.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a wonderful progress report on Toe!! So glad he's peeing, and he's home, and he's getting better!! That's awesome! You're doing a great job, just give him time to mend and he'll be fine.

Stephanie

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so glad that Toe is back to feeling like his old self again.

Please give him a little hug from me.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
It's great that Toe is doing so well. He must be so happy to be back home and feeling better. that there's no recurrence, and that JJ loses weight.