need suggestions till Monday

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm ok.......... been doing house stuff.... Enlarging the enclosure. I've been having posthole days..... Just wanted to write a quick note so no one would worry before I head out to continue. Also shift at work changed to 4-midnight instead of midnight to 8am. So sleep has been changing too. But the change in the work shift is a good thing. Hubby and I have the same hrs and the same days off now. We even ride to work together since we both work for the same county. Just different departments. My boss and his boss know each other real well so they arranged this.... yeah.......!! I feel like a regular wife now who sees her husband. So....... we have been spending "time together"......

Toe and all are still doing good.....!!

Love you all
Jenn

p.s. Jj is still losing, I'm still exercising [ugh] and all cats are good....

And the most interesting development. Sweet little Tulip and little Snoopy, my two little white girls........well, they have both grown testicles...... Since we hate to change their names, we are now calling Tulip......Two Lips...... hehehehehehehehe He already knows his name unfortunately.

What's your cat's name? His name is Tulip.... [He would develop a complex..... some identity crisis.....] The other kitties might laugh at him.... Poor little guy... Snoopy can be a boy or girl name... But we have a boy named Tulip or Two Lips now......

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcribbs

Sweet little Tulip and little Snoopy, my two little white girls........well, they have both grown testicles...... Since we hate to change their names, we are now calling Tulip......Two Lips...... hehehehehehehehe He already knows his name unfortunately.

What's your cat's name? His name is Tulip.... [He would develop a complex..... some identity crisis.....] The other kitties might laugh at him.... Poor little guy... Snoopy can be a boy or girl name... But we have a boy named Tulip or Two Lips now......
Jenn...they are boys????

I am so glad that you are OK.
Thanks for taking the time to update...
Don't wait so long next time.
We really do care how you and your tribe are doing.

I am glad that things are going so well.

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's good to here from you Jenn, I was starting to get worried about you guys.

I'm glad you and Juan are getting to spend more time together.

I'm glad all kittys and dogs are doing good as well, as for Tulip maybe you could call him Tu...and in "TWO".
But then "Toe" might think you're talking to him.
Maybe he won't get a complex, just tell him he was so sweet he made you think of a flower
so that's why you named him "Tulip"

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear you all are doing well! I think we should start a motivational weight-loss thread..I need to get motivated myself.. but wonderful that you guys are on track!!!!!

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wonderful to hear from you Jenn, glad everyone is doing well, and darn those two cats for developing testicles when you thought they were girlies!!

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think a motivational weight loss threat would be great...........

I have been exercising every single day...... 15-30 minutes. I've been doing leg kicks on all sides 3 sets of 15 for every direction. Front back and sides. And punches too..... and upper cuts.

Legs kicks make a huge difference in your legs FAST.......

I sweat sweat sweat.......I need to lose 50-60 lbs.......

I've been talking to my celulite telling it to find a new home.......!

Two Lips and snoopy are getting fixed in the next couple weeks....... Poor little tulip. I wish he didn't know his name but he does.......... I would change it if it didn't but he is young. He woudl probably learn another one... I might start calling him Simon. I'll see how hubby feels about it. 20 yrs ago, I had a cat that look kinda like him named Simon...... We sure loved that cat. At the time, he was the only kitty we had. He got in the neighbors yard and they had two pit bulls and a rotti. we thought he was lost and we searched for him for two weeks. The neighbors hated to tell us what happened but they finally did.....

But tulip has good doggies around him... And he might make a good Simon......

jaycee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am SO glad I found this thread, it made me CRY, and I learned SO much!!
I was SO happy when we found out Toe was going to be okay and WOW is he a gorgeous cat!!!!!!!

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad everything is OK. I don't think Tulip is a bad name for a male cat - it is not one of the most feminine flowers. Lily or Pansy now.....

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You could also consider something along the line of "Tilapia" which, yes, I understand is a fish.. or Zulu, or anything that remotely sounds close to Tulip.. but, they do learn their names if you change them. Take, for instance, Shere Khan.. we started out calling him Khan..but he was always screaming for food, so he got dubbed Audrey (from Little Shop of Horrors). We realized very quickly that, indeed, Khan thought his name was Audrey.. so we had to stop calling him that. Now he answers to Audrey, Khan, Nif, knif, knificus (all slang forms of knife, cause he looked like a knife-blade)..Spot, King Khan..

Anyway, he does actually know his name, the poor confused thing.

tru

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My last outside feral is named Lippy. Leave his name Tulip and if anyone asks tell them it's short for Too Lippy.

or....................

You could just leave it alone. Who is the one that dictates how names are supposed to be given anyway?

My cats all more or less chose their own names by how they looked, acted or sounded. Magic and Monique both came to me with those names and I didn't change them, but were I to have named them Monique may have been Frankie, that's our nickname for her because of all her growling. Nugent got his name because he was the new gentleman in the house. Again, I am rattling on, but you see what I mean.

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
you're right tru........... Tulip will just stay Tulip......

And he does look like a little flower.

Here is Tulip [the white kitty] with his sister Flower.... [I'm stuck on plant names]. And Flower is definately a little girl..... This pic is so funny to me. Tulip looks like the coner of her mouth is turned down..... awwww... He is very very loving little cat and very vocal. He walks through the house meowing... Tulip is the most vocal cat I have.

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tulip sure is a handsome little man.

As far as changing his name I wouldn't, now that I've seen him I agree with you...Tulip fits him.

When we first brought Elliott in I went back and forth for days trying to decide IF I should change his name...when he was a stray he was known as "Kidd" by everyone in the neighborhood.
He just didn't look like a "Kidd" to me he looked like an "Elliott"
He now knows that his name is Elliott but he will also come if you call "El", "Little Mister", "Little Man", "Fat Man"...he's not actually fat, his very stocky...and "Little Brother".

All of our human kids have nicknames, so I guess it just follows that our "furkids" would have nicknames too!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They are really beautiful cats.
I like the name Tulip for a boy.

Are they Cow's kittens?

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just read over this entire thread on the edge of my seat! Your love and dedication to find out what was wrong with Toe is probably what kept him going! It was tremendous to come to a happy ending, so glad to hear Toe has won his fight, and the other kitties are well loved and looked after! There is nothing like unconditional love, they love back a million times their size!
Tulip is a beautiful boy, who has the markings of a Royal Tulip (flower) as well!

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
XO...... I thought I had told you.....????

Remember before we moved when Juan took cow to the vet to get her fixed they told him she was pregnant... Vet also told him he would fix her but if any kittens survived we would have to bring them home?

And Juan brought cow home. He could not abort the babies and then bring them home.........wondering if they would live or not.

We discussed it and decided to feed her and keep her inside and let her have the babies and at least make them as healthy as we could. It just seemed a little too much to take to bring home cat fetuses to see if they life.. Seemed pretty cruel to t even think about. After we moved, Tulip and Snoopy were born.... Plus three others that did not make it. We have them buried out back. Cow was fixed after they were born and while they were still nursing.

She must have instantly gotten pregnant or close to it. She had them about 4 months after we brought hank, minnie pearl and honey in the house.

Cow is through with her baby days. She is a little bitty girl cat and most of her kittens at less than a year old are larger than her already.

Hank is much bigger than cow. Honey is small. Princess Minnie is larger than her. Snoppy is bigger than her or about the same size. And Tulip is a little smaller but nearly the same size as cow.

Cow, fixed and wormed with all her shots has never gotten big. She has never filled out but she has been through a lot. I am constantly trying to give her kitty snacks that are high calorie.

Snoopy and Tulip are still nursing.

Just checked my calendar.
We brought her first litter in the house on May 16th.
We moved Sept 15th.
This litter was born on Sept 17th two days after the move .

We knew she was close and we had to guard the door as she kept trying to run away. I had her a spot fixed but she hated it. After we moved..... I fixed her a new place. We went to town and came home and she had given birth on the couch. At that time only two kittens were born. Ironically enough, it was Snoopy and Tulip. They were born first and they were both snow white. They had absolutly no color at all. I put her in her birthing area and she had three more. A black/white kitten, a tabby and one nearly solid black. The black white kitten lived the longest. We named her tulip and she lived close to a month. It was horrible when she passed away. We had been nursing her on a bottle to help cow out and had become very attached to her.. They were just all weak. Snoopy and Tulip were always the strong kittens. We gave cow the KMR milk when there were no more kittens to bottle feed. She got a couple of bowls a day to supplement her milk and to make her stronger. She had a hard time with two litters this close together.

She is fine now and Snoopy and Tulip are healthy..... She is just still small. I am thinking of asking the vet about high calorie supplements for her. She is not bone thin but she is just not big enough.... she probaby weighs only about 6-7 lbs. Maybe 8.. She is a little girl. I just feel she needs to weigh 9-10 lbs.

Here is a pic of her I just took a sec ago........ She just has no extra meat on her at all... I know she is healthy. If she could wean Snoopy and Tulip, she would probably gain.

I disturbed her........ Here's a rear view.

She is just a little thin........

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You had told me Jenn but it was all happening so fast with your move, JJ and all the rest, I wanted to be sure I had it straight.

Poor little Cow....still recovering from having so many kittens.

You will succeed in fattening her up.

She sure had beautiful babies.

Cow deserves all the best treats.