need some advice

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If by chance she is miscarrying and she doesn't pass the miscarried kitten she can become extremely sick. That's why I'm so confused about your er vets.....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ari1717

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
yes i am very worried this cat is literally my whole world I don’t know what i would do without her. i can’t even fully sleep though the night and i have no appetite i just hope everything turns out ok.

ari1717

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i’m not sure all of them are closed right now. when i google it only brings up a spay & neuter clinic

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really think it would be worth a shot to call them tomorrow and see if they have a vet on site? If so explain what is going on and see if there is anyway the vet can see her because it is a medical emergency and no one else is helping her.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The pictures tell me that this is a medical emergency. Please locate a vet who will see and treat her. Something is very wrong inside her pregnant body — miscarriage, pyometra, infection are all possibilities that may kill any remaining kittens and can cause toxic shock to mom without treatment. She likely needs surgery to clean out her uterus and be spayed, and antibiotics.

This cannot wait. A ari1717

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The pictures tell me that this is a medical emergency. Please locate a vet who will see and treat her. Something is very wrong inside her pregnant body — miscarriage, pyometra, infection are all possibilities that may kill any remaining kittens and can cause toxic shock to mom without treatment. She likely needs surgery to clean out her uterus and be spayed, and antibiotics.

This cannot wait. A ari1717
He has been trying the 2 emergency hospitals won't even see her... he is on a wait list for the er hospitals... it's insane.....

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really hope someone calls you soon to get her in. Also please try to call your local spay clinic to see if they can check her out.. if you have to see if they can spay her if the kittens are deceased... due to problems she is having ask that over the phone let them know about the emergency.

ari1717

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ok thank you

ari1717

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
what do you think would happen if at least one is still alive? i felt one moving today

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That is what a vet needs to determine through x-ray and/or ultrasound — how many kittens, how many heartbeats, how many deceased, how far along they are, is it pyometra or miscarriage, is mom infected, will all die, does she need immediate surgery. We cannot know otherwise, but to just let her go like this is not wise. Mom’s life must come first.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A ari1717 Do you know of any clinics in the next town over? Or emergency hospitals? Or something...... this situation really can not keep going on like it has. I truly do understand you have been trying but there is a chance you may lose momma if it continues....
Just to put things into perspective:
my parents had to take their boy 2 hours away one night because where they live there is literally nothing around they went to the closest emergency hospital.
If you can look up animal hospitals clinics and 24 hour emergency hospitals I think you should hopefully be able to find something. Even if it is a long drive it would be well worth it.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Omgoodness. That is great I have been thinking about her... please post updates when you can.
I have really been worried about her...

ari1717

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
heatherwillard0614 heatherwillard0614 aww sorry to keep you waiting. kitty came out head first with its tongue sticking out. the placenta took almost an hour to come out and the kitty was still attached. now everything is good i’m very thankful

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Awesome there is a live kitten. Is it the only one? Is the kitten nursing mom well?

She must have been miscarrying with her discharge. She may deliver a deceased kitten. Do keep us posted!

ari1717

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
only one so far. definitely at least one more to go because i felt 2 moving the other day, not exactly sure since i didn’t get any scans done. yes it’s nursing well