need some advice

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ari1717

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
she’s good not interested in food but drank tons of water. i’m concerned that she hasn’t had any more contractions

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
she’s good not interested in food but drank tons of water. i’m concerned that she hasn’t had any more contractions
Her case is a little more complicated because we don't know for sure how many she has... and with what she was going through before she gave birth, we don't know if there are any deceased... if this is the case and she does not pass the deceased kitten(s) she will need a vet to remove the them so she doesn't get an infection and pass away herself...

ari1717

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
what should i look out for and how long should i wait?

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I personally don't know.. can you call the emergency vet and ask them what to look for? I'll see what information I can find online but I'm not sure give me a min...

ari1717

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
okay thanks it could also be a interrupted labor. i’ll keep a close eye on her and take her in if anything concerning happens

ari1717

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I called the vet. He said as long as she isn't in distress, or actively pushing with no progress, to give her a little more time.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok good. There is just so much on the internet it's hard... so I think calling the vet was the best choice.. pretty much if you notice any changes in her behavior that are concerning id go ahead and call them again.. keep us posted please. And I'm so glad she had a little one. Here in a little while I would get a new towel or blanket and put it where they are.. this way the momma and kitten can stay dry and warm if there is any nasty stuff on the blanket that she gave birth on... I would just periodically check to make sure momma isn't in distress.