need positive vibes- might need to go to ER

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pamela

LOL. I have a hard time remembing British sign language myself!
You have to use both hands for BSL where with ASL, only one hand is used for the alphabet.
Shows Americans can be lazy? haha..(
Maybe we're just really smart! That's why we only have to use only one hand!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pamela

That's an important word to know!
Mine was MILK!

ALL my co workers know sign language-it's required.. Does that give u an hint of where I'm working?

I really have no choice about doing 2 presentations but I am thinking positive.. Thanks for the concern..
at the deaf club?
or what was that place called. i cant think of it right now, but its where deaf people need help and they go there?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ash_bct Pamela I have been gone all weekend and just caught up! Thinking about you and listen to your boss! No work after your presentations!! Feel better soon
WellingtonCats I'll be thinking about you tomorrow Pamela!
goosehazel Lots of healing and good luck vibes to you.
THANKS for all the positive thoughts and vibes!! It's helping!!!! I feel so much better! My hand is still SORE but not like before where I couldn't even use the hand!
I went to a BlockBuster video place and rented some movies after doing the presentations as a reward then went home EARLY as my boss and some of u have commanded me.
Will REST tonite!!

Originally Posted by mzjazz2u

Maybe we're just really smart! That's why we only have to use only one hand!
Yea! That's why!
And we're more efficient in using one hand only!
But I have to say learning BSL was a lot of fun for me and I really enjoyed communicating in BSL. I wish I could practice it. I remmy I about DIED when I learned what some of the BSL signs meant because they mean something DIFFERENT in ASL and vice versa!

The presentations went GREAT! After the second presentation (at a government agency), some administrators (both hearing and deaf) came up to me and kept giving me compliments on my presentation which was flattering since they have been to a lot of presentations/workshops. One administrator said that this presentation was a HUGE success because a lot more people attended. I asked him about that and he said that usually about 10 people would come but for THIS ONE, they counted OVER 66 people in the audience!!

One hearing administrator went a bit overboard with his compliments though!
I was starting to wonder if he was trying to pick me up or something!
He wrote a note to me and said stuff like "Your presentation was GREAT! You are so full of enthusiasm and energy! You are a very BEAUTIFUL girl!" then later on he asked me if I could read lips and after I responded that I can depending on the person (
) then he proceeded to tell me AGAIN how BEAUTIFUL I was (I almost asked him when the last time he had his eyes checked was but didn't!
), then he asked how old I was and after I told him, he kept making a big deal out of it - "no way, you look YOUNGER than that! You look like 22 years old!"
I am 33 years old. What's the big deal?

Anyway, it's over and I survived and my left hand/arm hasn't fallen off due to the stress of doing 2 presentations in one morniing!!!!!!!! Now settling on the couch with my furbabies to cuddle while watching a SCARY movie "Suspect Zero" (HOPE it's good with a GOOD ENDING since the last 3 scary movies I rented had endings that SUCKED!
)

I wanted to thank u all for all ur concern, caring and support while I have been sick with this horrible thing. I SINCERELY HOPE none of u have to go thru this cuz it's PAINFUL! It looks like I'm FINALLY on the road to recovery! (I'm sure my furbabies are THRILLD about that cuz I haven't played much with them for the last 2 weeks until today.) Thanks!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I missed your whole ordeal. It looks like you made it through ok however.
I hope you enjoy your evening!!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Enjoy your movies (even if scary) and your relax time with the cats...I am so pleased for you that all went well, and that you are feeling a bit better!