Need more hopes/vibes/prayers/comfort for foster kitten...

eatrawfish

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I know I had this thread not too long ago about my Foster James, and in it I mentioned Jane's problems.

Well, it's almost a week later and Jane still isn't doing very well. She did well for a day, and then crashed again. She's been in the hospital for the past three days and the vet has VERY KINDLY been running a lot of expensive tests for us for free. We still aren't really sure what the problem is, but she is not very interested in food and keeps losing weight. She is also having poop issues.

She's down to 2 1/2 pounds, which is what she weighed when I got her almost two months ago.

The Vet says today she ate some but also lost some weight and she seems to have something obtructing her intestines (I can't remember exactly what he said). They are going to do an enema and if it looks good - send her home. If not... I don't know, more hospitilization?

I'm really worried about my sweet little Jane, she is the friendliest of them and she really deserves to live (don't they all?).

Thank you.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bless you for taking such good care of these little ones. Of course I will pray for Jane and all of them.
They are all so sweet and precious.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Darling Jane ... you will be in my prayers little angel.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eatrawfish

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much everyone.

I just went and bought a bunch of different kinds of (mostly) high-quality kitten food, I hope to get to bring her home and see if she will eat one of them.

I hope to update with good news later.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My best wishes and my prayers to him too...
This is the right place to ask help!

Thank you for share this, maybe just only our good wishes could help to solve all problems...

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to say a prayer for Jane right now. Please keep us updated- hopefully the news will be nothing but encouraging!
{{{{}}}}

carolcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear that Jane isn't doing well, I will pray for her right now and please let us know how she does? Thanks and sending a hug for you as well.....

eatrawfish

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolcat

Thanks and sending a hug for you as well.....
Man, I need hugs now. I feel so worn out by worrying for her, even though I know it does neither of us any good.

So the latest news is they want to keep her one more night because she still has some stuff in her bowels, although some did come out. I'm sad not to be able to bring her home yet, but really hoping that this does the trick finally.

Keep those fingers crossed.

carolcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by eatrawfish

Man, I need hugs now. I feel so worn out by worrying for her, even though I know it does neither of us any good.

So the latest news is they want to keep her one more night because she still has some stuff in her bowels, although some did come out. I'm sad not to be able to bring her home yet, but really hoping that this does the trick finally.

Keep those fingers crossed.
Fingers and paws crossed here. And more prayers that this fixes things and that she can get well now and thrive. And more hugs for you and a prayer that you can find peace and get some rest tonight. Best wishes for you both

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You both are in my thoughts & prayers tonight.

Lei

eatrawfish

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Update of the day (I do this for myself as much as anyone else).

The vet is a sweet, sweet man and is not charging me anything extra for everything he's done so far. But, he also did not give me false hopes. Part of her bowels don't seem to be moving like they should, and it could mean that her bowels are tangled up and she needs surgery. Surgery would cost a lot of money (up to $2000) and as an emaciated rescue kitten she is not exactly a good candidate.

It makes me wonder, how much should we spend on a rescue kitten? What do her chances of survival need to be for it to be worth it?

For now I am trying to keep this in the back of my mind (although I'd appreciate any thoughts on the above) and just focus on being positive and having hope. He's working, largely holistically, on getting her through this with the hope that we don't need to deal with these questions and she can heal up again. Seeing if her bowels will start moving again with a little help.

I am going to try and do what is best for Jane without regards to anything else (including my own wallet) and hope that I don't have to make any hard decisions.

I am going to go visit her at the vets today.

So basically, keep those hopes coming.

blueberrybeth

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The hopes continue to flow. Poor babies (the kitty and you). What you are doing to care for this cat is amazing. It is hard to do, understandably. We are all praying for you all here at the zoo!!

Good that you know the updates are good for you to vent as well as keep us informed.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We adopted a feral cat who had a blockage (intussusseception?) and the surgery for that was only about $300. Of course the extras (nights at the vet, medicine, etc.) came to about another $300. Do you have a teaching hospital there? I think around here that's an option for less money.

Our cat with the intestinal blockage recovered VERY VERY well, and is now a very nice, happy, healthy cat. VERY nice. Prayers, hugs, and finger-crossing...

carolcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending prayers and hugs to Jane and to you and your family. Fingers and paws still crossed here. Bless you for careing about these babys.