Need more hopes/vibes/prayers/comfort for foster kitten...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eatrawfish

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kathylou

I just caught this thread. Vibes and good thoughts for Jane. She is so sweet. Hope she recovers.
How old is she?
I think she's somewhere in the neighborhood of 3 months, probably a little older. Hard to tell when you find them under a house.

Ok, so I got really worried and started to
so I figured that rather than mope at home my energy might be better spent by visiting her, so I did.

I haven't mentioned it before, but she really looks AWFUL. She is just so skinny, her hair is scruffy and in poor condition. It's a bit disheartening.

BUT the Vet says she is eating all her food (they give her a bit every two hours) and pooping like normal. The fact that she lost weight wasn't so hot, but not totally unexpected. She does need to start gaining weight.

AND he did say she is acting so OK that he thinks he will send her home with me tomorrow, where she can relax better and focus on getting her weight up. The Vet and Vet Techs are all nice (one Tech told me how she held Jane and she purred) but today on of Jane's jail-matets is a whiney pug and I could tell she wasn't so into it.

So, I'm really excited about bringing her home tommorrow! Time to start putting some weight on her!

eatrawfish

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh! And thank you so much for all the new and continueing vibes, it really helps! I've got people on the other side of the world thinking about her.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
What has the foster care agency said about the "assembly line neuters"? A lot of things have to go wrong for two kittens from one litter to experience so many health problems.

eatrawfish

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

What has the foster care agency said about the "assembly line neuters"? A lot of things have to go wrong for two kittens from one litter to experience so many health problems.
I have to say the place they got spayed/nuetered is where literally EVERY rescue/TNR cat/kitten in this area gets spayed/nuetered. They are cheap, easy, they do early spay/nueter, and save hundreds of unwanted litters from being born every year.

And we're not 100% positive they are the reason James got so twisted, who really knows? I mean, maybe if we spent $1000s on tests we would.

It's a rough situation, frankly the situation with Animal Welfare in this area is just so poor in so many ways, that while I'm not in love with assembly-line spay/neuters, I see the neccesity. It's repulsive, but to a certain extent there are "acceptable losses" if it means fewer future deaths - you know? If things weren't so bad here, I'd feel different.

I'm heartbroken it happened to my kittens, but I honestly can't condem them, and will not be spreading word about this/where it happened or anything.

But we will try to get them to reimburse us for the costs of dealing with their mistake.

eatrawfish

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Part of the reason that reply is so long is I had a long arguement about it wit my mom last night.
She wants to go shut them down or something. But she is not as involved in rescue as me.

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad to hear Jane is recovering from surgery and that she's going home tomorrow! I'll continue to say prayers for her.

eatrawfish

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Jane passed away last night. The surgery didn't stick, and they put her out of her pain.

I feel absolutely destroyed. And it hurts so bad to know that she wanted to live so much, and that she would have been OK if they hadn't hurt her. She had such a strong spirit, but in the end, it just wasn't enough.

She is survived by two brothers, and a probably cousin.

I don't know what to do with myself today. I don't even have any pictures of us together, which bums me out. I took pictures of her two days ago at the vets. I won't be able to look at them for a while.

I appreciate everyones love and support through this time. I know she will be remembered by many.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Sara,

I'm so sorry about little Jane. We were so hopeful and to have it caused by something so preventable.

Thank you for sharing her short life with us.

Jana

eatrawfish

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

Sara,

I'm so sorry about little Jane. We were so hopeful and to have it caused by something so preventable.

Thank you for sharing her short life with us.

Jana
Thank you Jana and everyone else, I know many people loved her without ever meeting her.

I have recorded her passing at the bridge.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am crying for Jane with you Sara.

I posted my thoughts on Jane's Bridge thread.

Lei

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

I am crying for Jane with you Sara.

I posted my thoughts on Jane's Bridge thread.

Lei
Exactly my own thoughts.

Sara, you are definitely an angel to have put so much of yourself and your heart into these kittens. And I know every foster home does the same.

carolcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so so sorry. I am sitting here crying with you. May she play happily and pain free at the bridge until you see her again. And I am praying for you that God will help you find peace. You did everything you could for her and she was loved during her short life. Sending you hugs, I know how hard it is...Pm me if you want to.