Need major cat health vibes

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by hissy
sounds like hemolytic anemia. I am pulling for her Val- hang in there.
that is what hubby was trying to say on the phone. They are really worried that she has that.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry Val- I was afraid because you mentioned ticks all over her this would happen. Still pulling for her-

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
she just has to be okay. Why would she be sent to me if I can't save her. Why would that first vet just let her go, why didn't he do test!
I told him she was cover in ticks and he saw how thin she was. this is all my fault, i should have taken her back to my normal vet, I shouldn't have trusted this other vet.

mom of 10 cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Val, you did what seemed right at the time. You took her to that vet so she could be seen without delay. You mentioned the symptoms you'd noted, and trusted the vet to do the right thing. Don't blame yourself!!

I did some research just now on hemolytic anemia and it looks like it is treated with steroids. It may be contagious to other cats, though
depending on the cause.

Will keep the prayers coming....

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honey, it's not your fault. I agree with you, the other vet should have done tests for this...but don't beat yourself up so hard about this. You were only doing what you thought was the best for her. I know you're feeling guilty about not taking her to your normal vet, but things usually happen for a reason. I'm praying that she pulls through this...we all are praying for this little girl.

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
if moe and neo get sick i will never forgive myself

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Val-

YOU STOP right NOW! This is not your fault and she can pull through this. She needs subcu fluids and probably tube feedings, some iron supplements, but she can pull through this.

mom of 10 cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Listen to Aunt Hissy!

Val, since she is FeLv negative, she has a much greater chance of pulling through this just fine. You got her to the vet right away, which is also critical. Stop blaming yourself! Realize that if you hadn't taken her in, this would be a much more serious problem for her than it is now, when she has someone who loves her and is taking care of her.

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by hissy
Val-

YOU STOP right NOW! This is not your fault and she can pull through this. She needs subcu fluids and probably tube feedings, some iron supplements, but she can pull through this.
i'll try but i just feel so bad.
I know she is at a very very good vet now. And if anyone can do it they can. I think hubby is having them do an ultra sound to see if she is pregant. I'm just so scared, angry and upset all at once.

ttmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Val, if that cat has any chance at all, it's you and your hubby. You're a wonderful person to have taken a little girl like her in.

Remember to come here and borrow from us if you need more strength. We've got it for you.

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
no word from hubby yet
i'm hoping that is a good sign and they are on there way home.

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know, I watch Animal Planet almost 24/7. I always see these cases on Animal Cops of dogs and cats that they rescue just covered completely in ticks and majorly emaciated. They are almost always nursed back to health to lead a great normal life!! Try to stay positive.

toprecious2b14

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
hehe sicy me too..

but I felt soo bad when they had to put that house full of like 400 cats JUST because they were feral ( I dont remeber when this was aired) to sleep..
I still feel bad.. I woulda tooken one or two in..

but I hope your kitty gets well really soon.