Need help with cat urinary and digestive issues

CatastropheZ

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a 1 year old ragdoll and he was drinking from his fountain and bowls a lot and pooping daily when he was eating taste of the wild fish flavor but then a month ago he had an inflamed bladder and was bleeding and the vet put him on hills prescription urinary cd. Ever since then as he switched to the hills he started drinking less and less and pooping less and less and now he poops every other day and strains and doesn’t drink from his fountain or bowls at all.
The vet has me giving him miralax but he still goes every other day and when he does go it’s soft and he ends up getting it all over himself and the carpet.

I read an old post that hills prescription food can cause these issues and he never had poop issues before the switch. The issue is if I switch him back to taste of the wild whats going to keep him from inflaming again? He didn’t have crystals or any sort of actual blockage he was just inflamed and bleeding. They said he has FIC. I can’t afford to give him nothing but wet food but because he’s refused to drink any water I’ve been forced to give him saturated wet food and he still has poop problems.

i also read that royal Canin's Gastrointestinal Fiber Response food helps with this and also helps with urinary? Is this true?

the vet doesn’t think it’s his food but he went from pooping normally with zero issues and drinking a lot to never drinking and having to constantly take miralax which seems wrong since he’s only 1. And this worries me because if he’s this bad at 1 it’s just going to get worse and I have high anxiety and depression he was supposed to help it but it’s making it worse because all these issues and my constantly having to worry is really wearing me down.

also I’m really unhappy that the urinary food by hills hides chicken in it. I requested fish because I have a parrot that has a scent similar to chicken and I want to not encourage him to try to get at my bird worse. The taste of the wild has specific fish listed in the ingredients while hills just says “ocean fish” and then chicken meal and more chicken parts.

what do you guys recommend should I switch him to royal canin or put him back to taste of the wild?

I have the ingredients for both foods on here the hills and taste of the wild

I guess I’m seeing the royal canin is chicken only so that’s a problem too

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CatastropheZ

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
When he was on the taste of wild food was it wet or dry?
It was the dry food. I also am very unhappy that all the urinary food hides chicken in it. The taste of the wild had no chicken. I’m starting to think that he’s intolerant to chicken cause he has no issues on the pure fish

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He might not be drinking as much because cats do tend to get most of their hydration from their food and he went from a dry diet to a wet diet.. is his urine output still good?

price053

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It was the dry food. I also am very unhappy that all the urinary food hides chicken in it. The taste of the wild had no chicken. I’m starting to think that he’s intolerant to chicken cause he has no issues on the pure fish
Try some of the fancy feast appetizers. They have tuna which my kitties enjoy. Not saying every day but its a start until you find what works. And try this too
Fancy Feast Petites Single Serve Wet Cat Food | Purina

CatastropheZ

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He might not be drinking as much because cats do tend to get most of their hydration from their food and he went from a dry diet to a wet diet.. is his urine output still good?
It’s way less than it was, he used to urinate a ton before the FIC bout but now since the food switch it’s been much less and the main issue is the constipation. I don’t want to spend my entire life watching his poop or lack there of every day only to have him explode on himself. He didn’t do that before the food change

CatastropheZ

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Try some of the fancy feast appetizers. They have tuna which my kitties enjoy. Not saying every day but its a start until you find what works. And try this too
Fancy Feast Petites Single Serve Wet Cat Food | Purina
The problem is he’s only eating the hills prescription urinary because his bladder got inflamed. Before that he only ate dry food with only fish in it. But this new stuff hides chicken in it. And I can’t afford wet food every day. Even worse is the prescription food says it’s ocean fish but the primary ingredient is chicken.

CatastropheZ

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The problem is he’s only eating the hills prescription urinary because his bladder got inflamed. Before that he only ate dry food with only fish in it. But this new stuff hides chicken in it. And I can’t afford wet food every day. Even worse is the prescription food says it’s ocean fish but the primary ingredient is chicken.
Also I looked into those and they also hide chicken and other fowl in their food. He didn’t get sick when I was giving fancy feast and others intermittently with the fish only as the bulk but it seems he can’t handle the chicken and turkey daily

price053

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Try some of the food maybe I listed and add his dry to it so it will go further. Maybe

price053

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Try some of the food maybe I listed and add his dry to it so it will go further. Maybe
Royal canine for cats is good a bit expensive but it's good and seems to be on the up and up in the ingredients

CatastropheZ

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Royal canine for cats is good a bit expensive but it's good and seems to be on the up and up in the ingredients
All of these foods hide chicken or turkey if he has an intolerance which I’m suspecting he has then it’s going to be the same result because the Sheba fish also has hidden chicken and it makes him sick

price053

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My kittens loved the food but I have three and they eat. I couldn't afford it any longer. But you might be able to use that and the wet mixed together and see.

price053

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
All of these foods hide chicken or turkey if he has an intolerance which I’m suspecting he has then it’s going to be the same result because the Sheba fish also has hidden chicken and it makes him sick
Let me look up the ingredients and see

CatastropheZ

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That one looks good the ingredients are all fish awesome I’m gonna try to get some of this for his wet food. The dry food is another issue all the urinary helping foods hide chicken in them that’s a huge problem

price053

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That one looks good the ingredients are all fish awesome I’m gonna try to get some of this for his wet food. The dry food is another issue all the urinary helping foods hide chicken in them that’s a huge problem
Check into Royal canine and start with the wet and that will by you some time to deep research 💜💜💜

CatastropheZ

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Check into Royal canine and start with the wet and that will by you some time to deep research 💜💜💜
I can’t use royal canin… look at the ingredients it’s chicken. I need something that helps with urinary with zero chicken because the chicken is making him sick

price053

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I can’t use royal canin… look at the ingredients it’s chicken. I need something that helps with urinary with zero chicken because the chicken is making him sick
Well maybe start with a other Fancy feast and it might by you some time persay