Need Help With Baby Kittens Asap!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dtackc6

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I tried to take mom with me this morning when I got the kittens. They have her inside/outside and she was very skittish and wouldnt come with me even though she knew I had the kittens. She wasnt phased with me taking them.

dtackc6

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He or she is doing very well so far. We will see how tonight goes. I was going to feed every 2 hours but it just woke up crying after 1 hour. I tried more KMR and it sucked down about 4mls like it was starving. So should I just feed on demand right now or make him wait the whole 2 hours?

RajaNMizu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
:crossfingers: Go little guy, go! Thanks for making the difference in his care! Hang in there! :hangin:

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Every hour for now is ideal. Can you help your friend to get Mom spayed? She’ll be pregnant again in no time.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It may be useful to know more about this mom cat who refused to feed her kitties. Should she be ill and suffering she should be taken care of. In that case hopefully she could get better ad help caring for the little one.

Last edited:

dtackc6

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It may be useful to know more about this mom cat who refused to feed her kitties. Should she be ill and suffering she should be taken care of. In that case hopefully she could get better ad help caring for the little one.
She belongs to a friend. She was a stray hanging around as a kitten when they moved into their house. They took her in and she became an inside/outside cat. She cant be more that a year old and this is her 2nd pregnancy. The first one she wasnt even showing yet and she had the kittens very premature. They were just tiny hairless little things that were all born deceased. :(. I asked her then to get her spayed and she didnt. This time she made it full term. She had 5 seemingly healthy kittens. Over night 3 had died. My friend said were latching but still crying alot so she thought mom didnt have any milk. (She didnt tell me this until this morning). She said the mom had moved the 2 remaining kittens but was not keeping them warm or allowing them to latch. She then left for work. I told her to leave her door unlocked. I rushed to the nearest store and got KMR and drove back to pick them up. When i got there mom was laying by the dresser but not near the kittens. They were on the hard floor freezing and barely moving. They tried to cry but nothing came out. Im not exactly sure what went wrong or why she didnt seem interested in them.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for your reply dtack6. The point I was trying to make was that perhaps the mom cat did not take care of her little ones because she is ill and in pain. After all she had previously aborted and this time gave birth to very weak kitties. Since you are paying for her to be spayed couldn't you see to it that it is done immediately. If she is ill the vet will find out and hopefully treat her.

dtackc6

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes I plan on bringing her in at the end of the week on payday. My fiance and I have a blended family of 6 kids, with one on the way. Im high risk and "supposed" to be taking it easy. Im going to do the very best ai can to help all involved. I just dont have the means to do it right this second as much as I want to. :(

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
Please take care of yourself, and thanks for continuing to look after this little kitten, who surely owes his/her life to you.

dtackc6

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Honey or karo to use as sugarwater!
Ok kitten has been doing well. Made it through the night. Eating every 2 hours, peeing and pooping. Meowing loudly acting like a normal strong newborn kitten. I noticed this morning after stimulating him to go to the bathroom, his poop was very very soft. Not diarriah like water but just very soft and yellow. I just fed him again and he peed, but also red blood came from his butt. Ive never experienced this. Is this a bad thing?!? Maybe he isnt tolerating the KMR?? Im so nervous because he seems to be doing so well. Some feeds he eats 6mls, some only 3 but i read anything over 2 is good for his age. Any advice?

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
Maybe he has hemorrhoids? Do cats get those?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Bleeding is never welcome. Lets hope it was something occasional.

Nay, it shouldnt be such reactions to KMR, unless you use some very inferior variation...
You have perhaps heard, several years ago there come false proteins from China.
Lots of brands were affected, many cats died worldwide.
And yes, several thousand chinese babies died too.
But this is no normal happening, and such happens once a hundred year.

What kmr exactly you do use?

dtackc6

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is the brand they sell at our local store. It was the only kind they had.
20180830_161436.jpg

dtackc6

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I made an appt with the vet for the morning just to have him checked out and make sure hes ok.

dtackc6

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Its doing well so far. We have made it to day 6 and going strong. Its no longer pooping blood, and is eating very well. It did have a little eye infection (it was swollen with green stuff coming out). But we have some drops and have been using a hot rag and its much better now! It is even starting to walk all over although its eyes arent open yet.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very happy to know the kittie is progressing so well. Regarding the eyes kittens open their eyes about seven to ten days after birth. At first, the retina is poorly developed and vision is poor. Kittens cannot see as well as adult cats until about ten weeks after birth. How is his mom getting on?

dtackc6

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mom seems to be doing ok. They are keeping her indoors until I can give them the money to have her spayed in a few days. When do you think kittens this tiny are out of the woods? My kids are getting so attached and the older ones help alot with caring for it. But, I keep reminding them that these tiny kittens are very fragile and anything can happen. Itll be 1 week old tomorrow.