Need help with a female name!

trukookie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I recently joined this site two days ago. I just adopted a sweet kitty(6 months old) from the animal shelter & I'm having difficulties and probably being too picky with naming her. The names I like may seem odd and weird to other people but I don't want the name that I pick to be like completly odd because my cat deserves a good name. Lol. Also I try to pick the different names over ordinary names that are common pet names. I like these two names Trudi(true-dee) but call her Tru for short & I also like the name Kookie like cookie but spelled with a K instead. But if u have any name suggestions besides those two let me know. I also am kind of obsessed with ocean related things & I think my cat is pretty as a pearl and the name Pearl I have thought about. Here is what she looks like.

sprin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Aww, she's precious! I like the names you're thinking about, especially Pearl. 
 But if you go with Kookie, I would suggest the Cookie spelling because kooky/kookie is a word that means strange or crazy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trukookie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Aww, she's precious! I like the names you're thinking about, especially Pearl. :D  But if you go with Kookie, I would suggest the Cookie spelling because kooky/kookie is a word that means strange or crazy.
Thanks! I actually thought that at first when I wanted to change the C to K but I just kind of ignored it because I just thought it was me, but thanks for confirming that and if i name her that I will keep the C.

catpack

TCS Veteran
Kitten
Purraise
We had a cat that looked a lot like your girl in our rescue! Her name was Hope. (She came from a very bad situation.) We've also had a Cookie (she was white and black), as well as a Pearl (a Himalayan.)

I actually kind of like Tru!

trukookie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We had a cat that looked a lot like your girl in our rescue! Her name was Hope. (She came from a very bad situation.) We've also had a Cookie (she was white and black), as well as a Pearl (a Himalayan.)

I actually kind of like Tru!
That's funny because I was thinking about naming her Hope in the beginning! Thanks I think that's what her name will be, Tru.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello!  Your little girl is so sweet and very pretty!

I like the the names you are considering, very much.  I especially like Pearl, or Ocean Pearl.

Hope is a beautiful name. I believe the word "hope" is in the official seal for the State of Rhode Island, USA.  Rhode Island has the official nickname as "the ocean state"!  and I know you like ocean themes, you mentioned.

Opal (like a pearl) is pretty,  too.  There is also coral, marina, mist, piper(sandpiper)

I don't think you are being too particular.  What I would do is take your time considering and you will know the one that just feels like it is a perfect fit for this sweet girl!  That is because you know all her characteristics and features.  Good luck!  Welcome to TCS.  from, Marianne and Speedy!

WELCOME!!!

tamu708

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Such a pretty little girl! 

I think Pearl would be a good name.  And Lilly is a nice name too.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*PEARL* is lovely for her, and fits her so well!  *Shelly* might be nice, too, on the (sea)shell/ocean theme.  Or Angel(fish)?  Maybe (Sea)Star?  Really, I think PEARL is perfect!  She is gorgeous, by the way, and reminds me so much of my sweet rescued snowshoey beauty, Sishya. 

trukookie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello!  Your little girl is so sweet and very pretty!

I like the the names you are considering, very much.  I especially like Pearl, or Ocean Pearl.

Hope is a beautiful name. I believe the word "hope" is in the official seal for the State of Rhode Island, USA.  Rhode Island has the official nickname as "the ocean state"!  and I know you like ocean themes, you mentioned.

Opal (like a pearl) is pretty,  too.  There is also coral, marina, mist, piper(sandpiper)

I don't think you are being too particular.  What I would do is take your time considering and you will know the one that just feels like it is a perfect fit for this sweet girl!  That is because you know all her characteristics and features.  Good luck!  Welcome to TCS.  from, Marianne and Speedy!

:party2:  WELCOME!!!
Thanks for the welcome! I've been considering the name Ocean, Pearl & for some reason like the name Skye but probably won't end up naming her that. I will know soon enough what I will end up calling her. I owned a cat before that I named Opal. :)

trukookie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
*PEARL* is lovely for her, and fits her so well!  *Shelly* might be nice, too, on the (sea)shell/ocean theme.  Or Angel(fish)?  Maybe (Sea)Star?  Really, I think PEARL is perfect!  She is gorgeous, by the way, and reminds me so much of my sweet rescued snowshoey beauty, Sishya. 
Thank you! It's so hard to choose but the name ideas and inputs makes it easier! :)

trukookie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Everytime I look at her sleeping she reminds me of a little Pearl all rolled up so cute

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can see what you mean!  She has a very graceful profile, like a precious pearl!  Take your time naming her, all these suggestions are so  super and unique!   You will just know the right name that fits!  She is such a beautiful girl!