Need help with a female name!

wearemany

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, i just joined this site today and saw this post on the main page. I'm pretty odd with my pet naming as well; derived from a dream or usually after watching them for a week or so and naming them for their personalities. My most recent addition is an adorable stray i brought in and doctored up. I get the feeling she may have had run ins with aggressive birds while she lived outdoors because she is forever looking up and over her shoulder; made even funnier when i brought her indoors and she discovered ceiling fans, lol (not a fan of them). Long story short i named her Kitten Little (like chicken little) because the poor thing acts as if the sky is falling! Now that being said i have no suggestions for this beauty's name, lol sorry!

catminionjess

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
There's nothing wrong with "odd" names I say. My cats are named Boogie Bear, Sgt. Pepper and Jumbo! I think Pearl or Cookie would be fitting names for her. I'd pick True instead of Trudi, but that's just because I don't usually like people names for pets. Lots of people love them though. I think you'd just have to call her whichever name comes naturally. It'll just feel like, yes, that's your name. 

wearemany

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, i just joined this site today and saw this post on the main page. I'm pretty odd with my pet naming as well; derived from a dream or usually after watching them for a week or so and naming them for their personalities. My most recent addition is an adorable stray i brought in and doctored up. I get the feeling she may have had run ins with aggressive birds while she lived outdoors because she is forever looking up and over her shoulder; made even funnier when i brought her indoors and she discovered ceiling fans, lol (not a fan of them). Long story short i named her Kitten Little (like chicken little) because the poor thing acts as if the sky is falling! Now that being said i have no suggestions for this beauty's name, lol sorry!
Ok ok, so i DO have a suggestion now. As you mentioned you like sea themes i noticed her markings on her back look a bit like a saddle for a horse, so maybe something of a nod to a sea-horse? "Hippocampus" is the latin and scientific term for sea-horses so perhaps a play on that? "Hippo-Camp" maybe? And "Hippo" or "Hipster" for short?

wearemany

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My second to last addition is named "Simon", and i know i sound crazy but he told me his name lol. He was stray and was staring at me through the fence when the name just popped in my head. I say "c'mere lil' Simon..." And the rest is history...

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS @WeAreMany.  Your kitties are adorable!!!

I have different ways of choosing names too. In fact one of my kitties told me his name too. That was Sammy. My DD wanted to name him Benny but every time she would call him that he would look at me like "Why does she keep calling me THAT name?" The name Sammy entered my mind and I spoke it out loud and he came bouncing over to me. That told me that his name was Sammy and it stuck. He was given to me as a kitten and the people I got him from just called him kitty.

I pick names based on their personality most times and others the name just comes to me, like the cat/kitten sends it to me. 

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Back to our little girl.  She is so exotic looking.  This name may a little too out there for you. but I like Jatani--Zambian for "Let's hold hands together, work together, go forward together.  What a wonderful word.

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My daughter loves Hindi words and she said this word means kitten.... Bilauta

• Iadala- dear one

• Priya- my beloved

• Sundari- most beautiful
This is just a few if you wanted something different

I'm not sure if these are actual because she got them out of a book she was reading about a Hindi family but they are beautiful names.

Last edited:

stephenq

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I recently joined this site two days ago. I just adopted a sweet kitty(6 months old) from the animal shelter & I'm having difficulties and probably being too picky with naming her. The names I like may seem odd and weird to other people but I don't want the name that I pick to be like completly odd because my cat deserves a good name. Lol. Also I try to pick the different names over ordinary names that are common pet names. I like these two names Trudi(true-dee) but call her Tru for short & I also like the name Kookie like cookie but spelled with a K instead. But if u have any name suggestions besides those two let me know. I also am kind of obsessed with ocean related things & I think my cat is pretty as a pearl and the name Pearl I have thought about. Here is what she looks like.

Pearl is sweet.  I'll toss some your way.  Holly.  (ocean related) Wave. Curl. Blue. Salty. Bay.  Bae (internet slang for baby).  Ripple. 

mishicats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have had cats my whole life and what ever "official" names I give them they always end up having about 6 other ones.  I wouldn't worry  too much about what you name her. 

You have a very pretty girl there. Congrats on your new fur baby.

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why give the kitty a name?  Why not just give her initials?

You could call her "Dee-Dee." 

It's pronounced "Dee-Dee" but you spell it "D.D."

When people ask what D.D. stands for, you say it doesn't stand for anything.  Just "D.D."

I had a cat that I called "K.C."

People asked me what "K.C." stood for...  "Krazy Cat?"  ...  "Kool Cat?"  ...  "K.C. Jones?"  ...  "Killer Cat?"

I just told them that "KC" just stood for "KC."  It took some people a while to catch on.

I got the idea from watching the old TV show, "M•A•S•H"

From the character "B.J. Honeycut"...  There was an episode where everybody was trying to figure out what "B.J" stood for but, in the end, they found out that "B.J" didn't stand for anything but "B.J." 

You could call her "BB"  (Bee-Bee)  "CC" (See-See)  "DD" (Dee-Dee) or any combination of letters you think sounds good.

If you STILL can't decide on a name, I suggest you consult T.S. Eliot... 

----------

The Naming Of Cats by T. S. Eliot

The Naming of Cats is a difficult matter,
It isn't just one of your holiday games;
You may think at first I'm as mad as a hatter
When I tell you, a cat must have THREE DIFFERENT NAMES.
First of all, there's the name that the family use daily,
Such as Peter, Augustus, Alonzo or James,
Such as Victor or Jonathan, George or Bill Bailey--
All of them sensible everyday names.
There are fancier names if you think they sound sweeter,
Some for the gentlemen, some for the dames:
Such as Plato, Admetus, Electra, Demeter--
But all of them sensible everyday names.
But I tell you, a cat needs a name that's particular,
A name that's peculiar, and more dignified,
Else how can he keep up his tail perpendicular,
Or spread out his whiskers, or cherish his pride?
Of names of this kind, I can give you a quorum,
Such as Munkustrap, Quaxo, or Coricopat,
Such as Bombalurina, or else Jellylorum-
Names that never belong to more than one cat.
But above and beyond there's still one name left over,
And that is the name that you never will guess;
The name that no human research can discover--
But THE CAT HIMSELF KNOWS, and will never confess.
When you notice a cat in profound meditation,
The reason, I tell you, is always the same:
His mind is engaged in a rapt contemplation
Of the thought, of the thought, of the thought of his name:
His ineffable effable
Effanineffable
Deep and inscrutable singular Name.

Last edited:

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you STILL can't decide on a name, I suggest you consult T.S. Eliot... 

----------

The Naming Of Cats by T. S. Eliot

The Naming of Cats is a difficult matter,
It isn't just one of your holiday games;
You may think at first I'm as mad as a hatter
When I tell you, a cat must have THREE DIFFERENT NAMES.
First of all, there's the name that the family use daily,
Such as Peter, Augustus, Alonzo or James,
Such as Victor or Jonathan, George or Bill Bailey--
All of them sensible everyday names.
There are fancier names if you think they sound sweeter,
Some for the gentlemen, some for the dames:
Such as Plato, Admetus, Electra, Demeter--
But all of them sensible everyday names.
But I tell you, a cat needs a name that's particular,
A name that's peculiar, and more dignified,
Else how can he keep up his tail perpendicular,
Or spread out his whiskers, or cherish his pride?
Of names of this kind, I can give you a quorum,
Such as Munkustrap, Quaxo, or Coricopat,
Such as Bombalurina, or else Jellylorum-
Names that never belong to more than one cat.
But above and beyond there's still one name left over,
And that is the name that you never will guess;
The name that no human research can discover--
But THE CAT HIMSELF KNOWS, and will never confess.
When you notice a cat in profound meditation,
The reason, I tell you, is always the same:
His mind is engaged in a rapt contemplation
Of the thought, of the thought, of the thought of his name:
His ineffable effable
Effanineffable
Deep and inscrutable singular Name.
I have to agree with T. S. Elliott, my Zander has a second name that I call her a lot, which is Punk. Not in a bad way but short for Punkin, which I also call her. LOL

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I have to agree with T. S. Elliott, my Zander has a second name that I call her a lot, which is Punk. Not in a bad way but short for Punkin, which I also call her. LOL
Lilith is also Baby Lily, Lily Belle and Little Belle

Sophie is also Sophiesaurus which we shortened to Saurus and she is also Kitten because she is the youngest. 

Henry is also Brother or Buddy

Bailey (border collie) is Harold when she is acting like a cranky old man which at her age (just about 14) is often. She DOES answer to Harold. 

SeventhHeaven

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pretty Baby! Perla is very dainty ;) some others Tahiti or Koala....kitty will help you pick :nod: