Need help. Missing Kitten =(

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kteegirl24

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Maribeth, thanks so much for the offer. I have posted on craigslists and been checking for found posts but have seen nothing. I check the mspca website daily as well. I'll let you guys know if anythign happens at all.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
what a bummer for you. I wonder because she is such a cute kitty if someone picked her up and made a home for her?? But don't you give up hope.

kteegirl24

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
yeah i'm actually thinking the same thing. Not just because of how cute she is, but because of her very needy personality. She would go to strangers and cuddle right on their shoulder or lap and gaze into your eyes. Not shy at all and really seemed to *need* humans, which is a trait that's hard to resist. If someone else has her at least she's safe and hopefully she'll escape from their house when the weather gets warmer and comes home!

amy-dhh

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Kt,

You are SO in my thoughts... I know it's getting close to 2 months now, and I have to commend you for your resilience. As much as I love Cosmo (and I loved Comere - RB), I think I would have given up by now.

How are you holding up?

susanmly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Kt, what ever happened to the woman that almost got in trouble for trapping (the one that was helping you)? I thought she said the kitten was hanging around her house looked just like yours. I thought that was a pretting good lead. Maybe I missed a post some where.

kteegirl24

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
well, I have a lot less hope now since it's been two months now. The phone calls have stopped and I stopped the ad in the paper every week. I will still post it again but it was $30 a week so I have to cut back a little. I miss her so much still it's incredible. Like, I'm not getting "over" it yet. I had two people yesterday offer me a new kitten.. friends of mine, calling me up saying "oh but you have to, they are soo cute, i thought I'd grab one for you". Their hearts are in the right place but they just don't understand that I still have hope that my little one will show up and I'm not ready to give up yet. Not only that but I feel like I didn't protect her good enough and the guilt of getting a new one and protecting it one better would kill me. Right now at least.

Anyway- the woman who was helping me with the trapping has basically fallen off of the face of the earth. She basically left me with the thing and walked off really fast saying "well at least you know she's alive and doing well in the woods. Goodbye". It was very very strange.

sigh. I guess I just have to hope she finds her way back and I'll keep checking the shelters. Not much else I can do.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry. You must be in terrible pain about this. There isn't much I can do for you but just know my heart feels your pain and I'll pray that you are re-united with your baby.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry - you have done absolutely everything you could to find your kitty. I would love so much for her to come home to you. But you can't blame yourself. These things happen - but it doesn't mean it was your fault. Sending loads of hugs to you and vibes to your kitty so that she knows the way home.

mylilscout

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Kt - It is not your fault. This sometimes happens when you have an indoor/outdoor kitty. Over the years my family has had at least 20+ cats and we have had a couple that have either ran away or have run off and been hit by a car. A cliche as it sounds, sometimes life just works this way with indoor/outdoor animals - but I know that doesn't make the pain any less.
Please know that so many of us here are thinking of you, and commend you on the amazing search you did for little Tek! And as one poster said, he may have found a new home if he is a friendly fellow - but I am sure he is greatful for the love and attention you gave him when you had him.
Scout and I send warm vibes your way!!!!!!!

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MyLilScout

Kt,

I know this is an extremely long shot but I saw this on Boston's Craig's List. It is a finding in Waltham, and I couldn't remember exactly where you were, so I wanted to let you know about it, since the found cat is a grey tiger.

http://boston.craigslist.org/pet/74389884.html
Oh how nice of you to post this for her, I hope she sees this! My Dad lives in Belmont, right next door to Waltham. I could have him check to see if it is a match? What do you think?

laceydf

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wow! Wouldn't it be the greatest thing ever if this was Tek!!?!?!? Maybe you should PM her about this, so she will get it quicker.

mylilscout

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi!

SashaCat - Sure the more we can all help the better!

LaceyDF - Sound like a good idea, I will do that!

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MyLilScout

Hi!

SashaCat - Sure the more we can all help the better!

LaceyDF - Sound like a good idea, I will do that!
Shoot, my Dad is away for the weekend to escape the Holiday crowds next weekend. I left him a voice mail at home, hopefully he will have time when he gets back Sunday night. I also sent him the CL posting via email, so he'll know the details, etc.

mylilscout

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I wrote the poster as well. He said it was hard to tell from the pic (I sent the one in KT's signature) but if the photo was taken awhile ago it could be him...

I sent a PM to KT with his email address and reply. Hopefully she'll see it.

kteegirl24

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
wow you guys are all so great! The posting for the found cat in Waltham is probably not Tek as Tek is a girl and this one says male. She's also more than and black than grey but it's worth a shot anyway. (Waltham is about a half an hour from where I live). I am really really torn right now and need advice. I have been getting extremely sad again lately because it's really hitting me that I don't think I'll see my baby again. I kicked her little toy by accident across the floor last night, it was under my bed and I just started crying. I feel guilty for not putting out more flyers or for giving up on the search, i just don't know where she is or even *if* she is anymore. I got prank phone calls from kids saying mean things "i hope your cat didn't get eaten" and other's are more "sightings" from miles away. When I ask them to pick up the cat and try to put it in their car so i can come see if it's her, i never hear back from them. Anytime someone says "yeah we saw a cat, come over and look" i never see anything.

Today i decided to check the shelter webiste again and i saw this kitten that I fell in love with. This is her http://www.northeastanimalshelter.org/Bigcat8.htm

my heart aches because I want to go directly to the shelter and adopt her. I miss having that little buddy around and I know i could love her- but I just don't know if I'm ready yet. I feel horribly guilty when I think about loving another kitty - like I have given up on Tek or something. I dont' know what I should do. I called the shelter and she is still available, needing a loving home. She's been in the shelter for a month.

I need advice on this.. when I look at her little face it makes me cry because I miss loving and holding my baby.. so much.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh get Miss Muffet. You need each other. Besides, if your baby finally comes home, they can be great playmates.

laceydf

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that kitten is precious!!! If you ask me, I think you should adopt this new one...it will help you take your mind off of Tek, and you will be able to save a kitten at the same time!!! Just a thought...but I think it will help you be a lot less sad!

This kitten is just what you need to bring the sunshine back into your life!