Need help from those in Los Angeles, CA area

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

slick

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry it's taken so long for me to reply.  I had my Mom staying with me over Christmas, then I had a quick trip to the ER for stitches in my hand.  Long story.....  Now I'm battling a bad cold.

Since we didn't find anyone to take Anne and Emma on the last leg of the journey, the girl you offered to do the first leg, came forward but her health is not that good and has been living with Chrone's for years.  She, too came down with a bad cold so the transport is happening this Sunday the 5th of January.

Keep your fingers crossed.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

slick

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Annie and Emma have made the 6 hour journey to their destination and are resting in their cat condo.  Annie (the more feral one) is very stressed and scared whereas Emma apparently was curiously looking out the crate door and out the window during the travels.

Annie and Emma about to embark on the journey of their lifetime

Annie at the end of her journey.  You can see how scared she is.  Poor girl, to lose her human and now her home, but good times are ahead of her.

Emma snuggling into her bed that came with her after arriving at destination.

They were sent with blankets and beds with familiar smells along with lots of food and toys.  They are both fat because when my friend got really sick their intake was not monitored by her brother so now they are on low cal food.  In addition, after my friend passed, more than half the house was closed off from them so activity and human contact was left to a minimum.  Thank God they are now going to be loved and cuddled as they should be.

Thanks again everyone for being so kind to me an offering up your good thoughts.

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You are just an amazing person for you have done for these cats.  I hope they have lots of love and adjust to their new home quickly.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
This is such wonderful news.  It's such a good thing you've done.  I'm happy for Annie and Emma, and I hope you will be able to rest and relax a bit, knowing the toughest part of the journey is over for these kitties.

“How far that little candle throws his beams! So shines a good deed in a weary world.” 
― William Shakespeare,

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Late in checking back on Emma and Annie! Was relieved to hear that they had made the trip alright and what darling girls they are. Hoping that a new life and a new happy beginning will be in store for them very, very soon. Thank goodness for you, Vickie, :hugs: and what you have done for your dear :rbheart: friend's kitties. You hopefully are resting easier now that they are headed for safety and a new home. :cross: :vibes:

Last edited:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Vickie--I don't know if you still check in on TCS, but I thought I'd post.  Wish we'd known about this group when you were looking for transport for Emma and Annie!  I  just found out about them today.  I'm going to bookmark the Facebook page--if anything like this comes up in the future, we'll know who to call.  Hope all is well.