Need Help And Advice On Our Pregnant Cat Kera

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I see. If you cant go to the vet, you must do anyway, and take the chances there are... Do as you suggested, try to give her any food you can, watered down. Fluids are important. You can add some honey or white caro syrup, it contains glucose sugar and adds quick energy...
If a time comes when she doesnt manage with anything, smear a sweet water solution of this honey on her lips and gum...

It wont cure her, but may buy you and her some extra time.

Keep her warm and comfortable. Massage her by rubbing her with hands and or a little towel, on body, tummy, limbs... Talk sweetly and friendly....
Pray if you feel for it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Amber Sniecinski

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Please keep us posted.
Well she is able to walk and stand on her own but when she does walk she waddles she doesn't want her wet food nor the dry food but she did eat her hard treats I only gave her 4 to she if she would at least eat that
I rubbed her down with a warm wet rag and when I rubbed her belly it was like she wanted to go all the way on her back her tail went up and I couldn't really tell but it looked like she began to open up as well not alot and as soon as I stopped she rolled back over and stayed on her side...

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Aha, perhaps its not as bad as we feared. Lets hope so... Yeah, massage and tummy rubbing is popular with high pregs, both cats and humans. It help things going, and also, helps to relax in the muscles a little...

Amber Sniecinski

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Aha, perhaps its not as bad as we feared. Lets hope so... Yeah, massage and tummy rubbing is popular with high pregs, both cats and humans. It help things going, and also, helps to relax in the muscles a little...
So will I be delivery kittens or have to see all that? I'm freaking out over here?! I don't do well with blood and yuk even though I naturally delivered 2 of my own kids...

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Breath deeply, and just do it! :) Praying helps some in this situation too, you concentrate on something else...

Bozia i Dzieciatko Jezus will be happy and rejoice if everything goes well, perhaps tx to you!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Please post a picture of your cat for us.

Is she laboring, as in having contractions?

Amber Sniecinski

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So will I be delivery kittens or have to see all that? I'm freaking out over here?! I don't do well with blood and yuk even though I naturally delivered 2 of my own kids...
I don't know if all breads of cats are different but Kera is a bangle she might be full or mixed with so kind of tabby cat
Breath deeply, and just do it! :) Praying helps some in this situation too, you concentrate on something else...

Bozia i Dzieciatko Jezus will be happy and rejoice if everything goes well, perhaps tx to you!
OK so if this does happen what do I do? I know nothing of this sort of thing

Amber Sniecinski

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don't know if all breads of cats are different but Kera is a bangle she might be full or mixed with so kind of tabby cat

OK so if this does happen what do I do? I know nothing of this sort of thing
Is yellow discharge a good sign? It was only very little

Amber Sniecinski

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is yellow discharge a good sign? It was only very little
I tried to wipe it with a paper towel but it's very sticky and now it's like a string so I just stopped and continued petting her from the side of her shoulder blades and stopped just above her hind leg...she fell back to sleep and is still purring
DO I stop and leave her alone or do I continue massaging and petting her?

Amber Sniecinski

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Has your cat eaten anything besides treats?
NO but she keeps going back to sleep then waking up again so I felt like she was uncomfortable she didn't like being in the box or where the box was so we shall see what happens now that's she in a dark quieter closet

Amber Sniecinski

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
NO but she keeps going back to sleep then waking up again so I felt like she was uncomfortable she didn't like being in the box or where the box was so we shall see what happens now that's she in a dark quieter closet
Still no kittens however she has not tried getting out of the box I have been checking on her every hour or so and she has been moving her position

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Has she had food, water, or used the litter box?

It is not healthy if your cat is not eating, drinking, or urinating. I remain very concerned.

Amber Sniecinski

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Has she had food, water, or used the litter box?

It is not healthy if your cat is not eating, drinking, or urinating. I remain very concerned.
Her lower belly is now hard the more I massage the more she extends and stretches out I'm not sure if she is in labor right now or not but she's purring and breathing heavy when I put my hand on her it's like she's vibrating and Ido if that's the combination of her breathing hard and purring

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Has she had food, water, or used the litter box in the last 24 hours?