Need Help And Advice On Our Pregnant Cat Kera

Amber Sniecinski

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there our cat Kera is pregnant, however I'm not sure how long she is her belly is really big and hard... her behavior has changed tremendously such as now she hisses and growls at her dad when before she would only pur at him and lay on him ect... now she's not eating or drinking she's going to the bathroom on herself we have already prepared a big box for her to deliver instead of under the bed and we also have blankets in the box for her as well... she will not walk or stand I have been checking her fur and skin to see if she's dehydrated but it doesn't appear to be the case... because her fur after grading it it goes straight back down.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I suspect its very soon now, perhaps even hours. How long have you felt kittens move? I presume you dont feel them move as much, as she has dropped? - this happens about one day before deliver.

With her dad you mean her human dad?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Amber Sniecinski

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I suspect its very soon now, perhaps even hours. How long have you felt kittens move? I presume you dont feel them move as much, as she has dropped? - this happens about one day before deliver.

With her dad you mean her human dad?
Yes her human dad. And she's been acting this way for 2 whole days, last night I saw her side of her stomach moving in a way of being kicked by her kitten, and I gently rub and massage her belly she begins to pur very quietly then I move to check her teat to see if I see any discharge which I haven't seen at all
But shouldn't I bath her since she stinks with urine and the blankets? I just don't want to stress her out or cause any harm...
Also last Saturday we found a really good home for Karas partner so I am sure that might have to do with a little bit of her behavior maybe even though she would hiss at Scar our male cat

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
We wouldnt recommend bathing this late in pregnancy. As you say, we dont want to stress her out. If you wish, you can rub off the worst with a damped little towel.

Yes, if she was pal with the male, moving him could upset her. but he is still not neutered and fertile no? So its wise. Not because he is any danger to the kittens, especially not if he and momma are friends. But she can get pregnant anew really soon. Cats arent protected by nursing, unlike humans.
If she wasnt friend with him, its just wise to separate them. :)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
A Amber Sniecinski

Just clean her off with a warm, damp cloth. A bath would stress her too much.

Are you saying that she has not gotten up even once to eat, drink, or use the litter box in 2 whole days?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The problem here, is - is she "just" high preg, waiting for delivery almost any hour now, OR if there is something wrong??

Amber Sniecinski

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We wouldnt recommend bathing this late in pregnancy. As you say, we dont want to stress her out. If you wish, you can rub off the worst with a damped little towel.

Yes, if she was pal with the male, moving him could upset her. but he is still not neutered and fertile no? So its wise. Not because he is any danger to the kittens, especially not if he and momma are friends. But she can get pregnant anew really soon. Cats arent protected by nursing, unlike humans.
If she wasnt friend with him, its just wise to separate them. :)

OK yayyyy now I don't feel so stressed and I can finally breath and feel like I know more of what I need to do... should I give her a can of wet food being that it's been 2 whole days of no eating? I know not to force her to eat but I want to ensure her health and her kittens health

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Did you see my Post #6?

Has your cat not gotten up off the floor to eat, drink, or use the litter box in 2 days?

Amber Sniecinski

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Did you see my Post #6?

Has your cat not gotten up off the floor to eat, drink, or use the litter box in 2 days?
NO but her human dad watered down her regular food and tried forcing her to eat last night like that
He picked her up and put the watered down food on the side of her mouth and helped her eat that way

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
A Amber Sniecinski

This is an emergency! You need to get your cat to the vet ASAP! She needs help!

Since your cat is at the end of her pregnancy, and has soiled herself, and is not eating, and in fact has not even gotten up in two days, means something is terribly wrong.

You could lose her and all of her kittens.

Please get her to the vet right away today!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yeah, I too suspect its some problem her, and a vet visit asap is necessary. At the very least, phone to your vet.

Some persons has easier to talk. I myself I have easier to write, but being able to talk through... The vet knows what follow up questions to give.

But be ready to rush her in!

A Amber Sniecinski

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I suspect her labor is stalled for some reason, or she has an infection, or toxins inside from a deceased kitten.

It is not normal for a pregnant cat to be like this.

She needs medical attention!

Amber Sniecinski

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
A Amber Sniecinski

This is an emergency! You need to get your cat to the vet ASAP! She needs help!

Since your cat is at the end of her pregnancy, and has soiled herself, and is not eating, and in fact has not even gotten up in two days, means something is terribly wrong.

You could lose her and all of her kittens.

Please get her to the vet right away today!
She has not soiled herself just peed and I believe she peed while she was hissing and growling at her human daddy

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yeah, they can do so when high stressed. But cats in pains dont have the same patience as usual, so her hissing at her beloved Daddy is too a sign she is in pains....

Amber Sniecinski

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I told her human daddy this but he says he doesn't have the money for a vet bill on top of all the other bills and he's the only one working and he's the only one with a vehicle

Amber Sniecinski

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That's so confusing because she purs when for me now and she never ever used to and now she's hissing at her dad... this morning she was still laying down but her head and ears were perked up which I haven't seen yesterday or day before

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Did she eat any of the canned food? Can she stand up?

Cats will purr through pain.

I think your cat is in trouble. Can you get a payment plan at the vet?

Amber Sniecinski

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I haven't tried today I will try that first then see what kind of payment plan the vet can do for us...