Need advice on taming a feral cat - please help

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

raywalsh22

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just to keep everyone updated: Rainbow's doing fine. She's calmed down considerably. She wails now for only a couple of minutes each day, and she doesn't attack the curtains anymore.

Her safe place is on top of the wardrobe, though she spends a lot of time wandering around and looking out the window ( I wasn't able to fix anything to the window to stop her looking out.)

She still runs to her safe place as soon as I stand up. Today, she took food from me while on top of the wardrobe. She's never done that before.

Thanks again everyone.

Ray

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good news!  She'll gradually get used to the idea of being inside. It will take some time - to her, the entire world has turned upside down.  The fact that she's stopped crying so much is wonderful.

JMJimmy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Awesome news - it'll take time but she'll get there.  Standing is definitely one of the harder hings for a cat to get used to... that and holding strange objects like laundry baskets ;)

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
That's great Ray. I got confirmation yesterday the two cats I have at work will be moving into a comfy home in a few months. I know the woman well, she will spoil the heck out of them. It is great to hear your kitty is well on it's way to having a comfy home as well. God bless you Ray. All cats should have a comfy home.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

raywalsh22

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Shane Kent : Thanks. She deserves to be spoiled a bit as she's had a very hard life to date. During the Summer she used to bring kittens to the window, but one day she turned up without them. A neighbour said a local tom cat had killed them. Thankfully she's spayed now, so that can't happen again. I'm really glad to hear your two are on their way to a permanent loving home.

JMJimmy: Thanks. Yeah, I'll be delighted when she finally lets me stand in her presence. It looks like that's going to take some time, though.

Ondine: Thanks for your continuing insights into cat psychology.

Best,

Ray